Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis03

All American
Mentioned him a few times in other threads but it was time to finally start his own. 6'5 G/F from PA that plays for Team Final. The same program that has produced Dion, Rak, Cooney, and Mali. This youngin has already proven to be a stud on the nationally level during EYBL play and his stock will only continue to get higher as time goes along.

Mentioned him a few times in other threads but it was time to finally start his own. 6'5 G/F from PA that plays for Team Final. The same program that has produced Dion, Rak, Cooney, and Mali. This youngin has already proven to be a stud on the nationally level during EYBL play and his stock will only continue to get higher as time goes along.

Thanks Francis. Really, really like this kid's skill set as a big guard. I agree with you, Walker is going to blow up nationally.

Has anyone on staff checked him out yet?
Does he have any interest in SU?

Wow, he is really advanced for his age. Can finish with both hands, uses his body to protect the ball beautifully, excellent agility and leaping ability and can handle the rock (that little dribbling exhibition near the start of the tape was Pearlesque).

From the little that was shown, it looks like he can shoot from the outside too.

Sign me up for signing him up!

Last edited:
At the recent EYBL event in five games and basically being the third option, Walker averaged 16.6 PPG, 50% FG 31-62 overall, 51% 3PT 16-31 overall. Highlight performance as I mentioned in the other thread was his 30 points against Al Gilbert/Harry Giles team. He shot 7-11 from three in that one. I can only imagine the numbers he'll put up when he becomes the number one option lol.

He knows how to get the ball through the hoop. I am impressed by his 3 point percentage. He doesn't appear to be a freak athlete, but that is fine by me as long as the kid has a good feel for the game. Dean, how is his defense? Does he devote energy to defense?

He knows how to get the ball through the hoop. I am impressed by his 3 point percentage. He doesn't appear to be a freak athlete, but that is fine by me as long as the kid has a good feel for the game. Dean, how is his defense? Does he devote energy to defense?
To be honest I need to focus on that side next whenever I get to watch him again. His offensive production is what always catches my eye when watching his team play.

I am only mentioning this because he plays in my relative back yard and I have some friends that work at his school but today he was wearing a Syracuse t-shirt at school so there seems to be some mutual interest......or he just likes the shirt and the colors. Insert Ferris Bueller quote here________________

Last edited:
poc44 said:
I am only mentioning this because he plays in my relative back yard and I has some friends that work at his school but today he was wearing a Syracuse t-shirt at school so there seems to be some mutual interest......or he just likes the shirt and the colors. Insert Ferris Bueller quote here________________

I remember back in the early 90's, one of the basketball annuals, I think it was Street & Smith, had a picture of Jamal Mashburn playing street ball wearing a Syracuse shirt. I thought for sure he was coming to SU. He would have looked good at forward for SU.

All I needed to see was that first clip in that video. Sign him up.
Would love a class of Walker, Rafus and Roundtree.

Last edited:
I remember back in the early 90's, one of the basketball annuals, I think it was Street & Smith, had a picture of Jamal Mashburn playing street ball wearing a Syracuse shirt. I thought for sure he was coming to SU. He would have looked good at forward for SU.
We couldn't afford him.

A Syracuse coach is at his school today to visit him....
65fd1cc722bbe48530f6642246fdcb48.jpg

Jay Williams visited his high school today for a piece for ESPN. One of Kevin Ollie’s best friends made the trip with Jay Williams and is trying to get him to UConn. Jay was on the phone with Grant Hill a good amount of the down time for what this is all worth......

VERY Impressive kid from a skillset standpoint and seems like a no-nonsense Alpha Dog. Looks like a better version of a Brandon Rush-type.

Money talks

Status
Not open for further replies.