Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for Friday. I never feel good about these announcements until we actually receive the commitment lol.

Briscoe is a scoring point though. With Joseph, both can really shoot it, sg/pg really wouldn't be that different at the college level with that. Actually it would work well, as briscoe has also played the left side of the court alot as a sophmore.

Joseph made a comment about working well with ennis. In his opinion two pgs on the court together like Scoop and Dion worked well, and he wants to play in a system like that. Ironiclly a huge reason he committed.

Name a college team with two really solid scoring nba caliber pg's both ready to go. You won't find to many in recent years. That could be us next year if Joseph comes in ready to score like 12 ppg. The key is can they both hit the outside shot, one of them at a near 40%.

Last edited:
Briscoe is a scoring point though. With Joseph, both can really shoot it, sg/pg really wouldn't be that different at the college level with that. Actually it would work well, as briscoe has also played the left side of the court alot as a sophmore.

Joseph made a comment about working well with ennis. In his opinion two pgs on the court together like Scoop and Dion worked well, and he wants to play in a system like that. Ironiclly a huge reason he committed.

Name a college team with two really solid scoring nba caliber pg's both ready to go. You won't find to many in recent years. That could be us next year if Joseph comes in ready to score like 12 ppg. The key is can they both hit the outside shot, one of them at a near 40%.
So you are thinking Ennis @ about 12ppg next year, I assume. Cooney would figure to be @ 16 ppg then and then a frosh would add 12ppg, not to mention Mike G. The forwards gonna get any shots?

I can see Briscoe going the Whitehead way where he is the only player. Maybe someone assume his role after IW leaves next year
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised, not a bad call.

Does anyone know if there will be a stream for the announcement? Or are we looking at a tweet from someone at Trenton

And there it is in a nutshell. Drama. Don't need it.

That point cannot be understated. I think a big part of the current five year run (2 S16, a bad call from a 3rd S16, 1 E8 and 1FF) is the quality of players (though the talent upgrade hasn't hurt). Guys like Andy, Wes, AO, Brandon, Kris J, James, Baye, etc, really improve the culture. I really like this year's team, too. The starting guards are great ball players but also appear to be top-notch kids. CJ Fair might go down as an all-time, top 10 type player and person for the program. Those three are leading us now and then throw in Baye's leadership, etc, and you have a making a great core of character types.

I hope he commits here, but he is going to run into a logjam at the guard positions if he does. He'd arrive in fall of 2015,
to appear with seniors Cooney and Gbinije; juniors Ennis, Patterson, and (likely) BJ Johnson; and sophomore Kaleb
Joseph. Maybe Ennis is gone, maybe Johnson and Gbinije are playing the 3, but he's not jumping ahead of many of those
guys in the rotation as a freshman. Hopefully he's a good kid and doesn't mind the MCW treatment his freshman year.
Or maybe SU has time in the frontcourt, because I'm guessing Grant and McCullough are both gone, that pretty much
leaves Roberson, MG and BJ, plus the classmate Lydon to play the SF position.

Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors