Class of 2018 - SG RJ Barrett Jr (CN) - Committed to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG RJ Barrett Jr (CN) - Committed to Duke

Francis03

All American
Top 5 player in his class but I expect him to be in 2018 when all said and done. Youngin is an animal on the court and would be top 15 in the 2017 class, he's that good. Red is flying out to Canada this week to check him out. His dad played at St. John's back in the day, but that won't be much of a factor here. Currently attends Montverde Academy out in FL.

Kid was an absolute monster at the Jordan Brand Classic International Game. Would look tremendous in Orange, but going to be tough to get him.
Why do you say that it may be tough to get him. Where will we be in 2019 or 2018 as far as talent. We should have some awesome talent and team andhe just might want to be part of it. We are not chop liver my friend.

Why do you say that it may be tough to get him. Where will we be in 2019 or 2018 as far as talent. We should have some awesome talent and team andhe just might want to be part of it. We are not chop liver my friend.
Because it's tough to get top 5 kids. It's not impossible, but it's tough, for every program in the country.

I say get on him early and often and see you can get him up for a visit if he can. (I don't know if freshmen can be brought in or not). Hopefully get him to have SU as his "Dream school". lol

So because he is really good we have no chance. I think we have as good a chance for real good talent as anyone. Green is real good, Diallo is good, Walker is good, Richards is good and we have a good chance as anyone for them.

So because he is really good we have no chance. I think we have as good a chance for real good talent as anyone. Green is real good, Diallo is good, Walker is good, Richards is good and we have a good chance as anyone for them.

Did I say we have no chance?

ESPN slotted him 3rd in Class of '18. I'm surprised they put Williamson ahead of him.

According to an article on ESPN.COM I read yesterday, Barrett mentioned about 10-15 schools and we were not one of them. With his classification change maybe we will be more aggressive now.

It is beyond me why in the hell we are not in. I bet HCJB hasn't even gone to see this kid. Here we are putting all eggs in one basket. Hope we don't end up Green 2.0

Maybe things are different in Canada but that list isn't in alphabetical order in 'merica. He's lucky he's a good athlete...
Given the events of this week it's interesting that all of those schools are Nike schools

No clue how reliable this person is but someone else posted it in another thread and said he was plugged into the aau scene...either way found it interesting!