Class of 2022 - SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch)

We signed a top transfer and top 25 forward in the offseason. This is chicken little crap. Glad this is over so we can actually get someone who wants to be here.
Who are we getting in this kids place?

I believe this helps a lot. Not sure it changes the narrative in the short term (his commit date) but it will help as SU continues to recruit him. Could actually have an enormous impact.

* Edit * timing is not coincidental.
I definitely believe once the staff got word of Roddy they called Dior ... timing is way too on point to think otherwise

You don’t think the timing of the Roddy/OSU chatter and what has been said in here about there not being room at the inn in 2022 correlates with us “mutually splitting” with Dior?

Not saying it’s a definite but it makes sense. I’m looking forward to what the insiders have to say
I'd like to hear from some of the insiders on this.

Jeremy already posted about that a few posts above yours if you would quit crying long enough to read it.

There are posters way more clued in then me but from what little I know, this doesn't exactly hurt SU in the long run with Roddy. With other other guys SU was looking at, not as much but it allows the staff to get out in front of it now versus a year from now which is huge.

There are posters way more clued in then me but from what little I know, this doesn't exactly hurt SU in the long run with Roddy. With other other guys SU was looking at, not as much but it allows the staff to get out in front of it now versus a year from now which is huge.
Appreciate your info.

I'm a bit confused about "the long run with Roddy."

He's committing Friday, right? Are you saying it improves the likelihood of a Tyus Battle-like flip?

If so, that doesn't sound like much for the staff to hang its hat on.

Appreciate your info.

I'm a bit confused about "the long run with Roddy."

He's committing Friday, right? Are you saying it improves the likelihood of a Tyus Battle-like flip?

If so, that doesn't sound like much for the staff to hang its hat on.
If this kid is still unsure why is he deciding on Friday?

Circumstances have changed, no? Not that hard to figure out.

Monday morning - Gayle releases top 6

Monday afternoon - Gayle gets CB’s for OSU

Monday afternoon pt. 2 - insiders are shocked, one even says if we lose Dior we could see a Tyus-like flip to Cuse since PT would be less of an issue

Tuesday night - Dior decommits

That is the coincidence of all coincidences if those events aren’t related.

Staff obviously knew Dior was a flight risk but saw no harm in keeping him as a “verbal commit” even if he wasn’t coming - I mean hey it doesn’t hurt to have a top 3 player committed to you when looking at the rankings.

Staff calls Gayle last night - he tells them his concern. Staff then calls Dior, knowing it was unlikely he’d ever make it here anyway, then they mutually agree to part ways.

Staff calls Roddy back.

i think if. Roddy told the staff he was OSU no matter what, Dior never does this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Roddy still commits to OSU on Friday. But Tyus committed to Michigan too... there’s a LONG way until the 2022s can sign their NLIs

Monday morning - Gayle releases top 6

Monday afternoon - Gayle gets CB’s for OSU

Monday afternoon pt. 2 - insiders are shocked, one even says if we lose Dior we could see a Tyus-like flip to Cuse since PT would be less of an issue

Tuesday night - Dior decommits

That is the coincidence of all coincidences if those events aren’t related.

Staff obviously knew Dior was a flight risk but saw no harm in keeping him as a “verbal commit” even if he wasn’t coming - I mean hey it doesn’t hurt to have a top 3 player committed to you when looking at the rankings.

Staff calls Gayle last night - he tells them his concern. Staff then calls Dior, knowing it was unlikely he’d ever make it here anyway, then they mutually agree to part ways.

Staff calls Roddy back.

i think if. Roddy told the staff he was OSU no matter what, Dior never does this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Roddy still commits to OSU on Friday. But Tyus committed to Michigan too... there’s a LONG way until the 2022s can sign their NLIs
positivity train choo choo baby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom