Class of 2022 - SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch)

PHR: Have any programs really been standing out to you or pushing hard in your recruitment?

Gayle: “Schools like Syracuse, Wake Forest, Marquette, Michigan, and Ohio State have been recruiting me the hardest.”

PHR: Syracuse and Wake Forest are two programs that you hold offers from. What are your thoughts on those two since they are recruiting you hard?

Gayle: “I took unofficial visits to both schools and from what I saw, I really like Wake Forest’s brand new facilities. Coach always keep in contact with my high school coach and is a great person and mentor. I also loved Syracuse because of the location… it’s only about two hours away and the atmosphere is crazy. The only two players from my city to play at a high-major D1 college like that were Johnny Flynn and Paul Harris and those were my idols growing up.”

PHR: Does being so close play into any big factor for you as far as your recruitment for Syracuse?

Gayle: “Yes, it definitely plays a factor because being close allows my family to come and watch home games.”

It definitely begs the question -- would we be better off for 1 year of Westry [for example] or multiple years of a kid like Gayle.

Tough call.

It definitely begs the question -- would we be better off for 1 year of Westry [for example] or multiple years of a kid like Gayle.

Tough call.
I see Westry as a 2-year player (or more). But either way, Roddy would likely be around longer. I say both.

Last edited:
Westry playing the 3 opens it all up. Kadary is the 6th man behind JG3/Dior then can slide down to the 3 when Westry goes out. Gayle may only get 10mpg in that scenario; but as a sophomore he’d start with Kadary up top with Westry at the 3. Then Westry leaves early, Kadary graduates- it’s Gayle’s team as a junior.

If he’s willing to be patient year 1 it could pay off big time

Tough call.

200.gif

Sounds good to me, but recruiting is a two way street.

Kid might not want to come here to sit if he can start immediately at most places. If he's willing to compete for immediate PT knowing that nothing is guaranteed and perhaps have to wait his turn, then hell yes.

Johnny Flynn and Paul Harris were my favorite players.
I’ve always been a Cuse fan.
I may remain playing here at my high school with my friends in front of my family and friends.
Syracuse offered me early and pushing hard
My family lives only 3 hours away and can see me play at home.
Roster loaded with great players to make a run together

There are so many reasons he will be ours! My gut says bank it!

Yeah I've said it before, I'm a big fan of this kid. I live in Buffalo and have some friends who are coaches here and there is no doubt this kid is tough. If I had to compare him to a player, and i hate doing that because every kid is different, I'd say he has the potential to be a slightly more athletic Brandon Trish. If he grows anymore, watch out

I am in the Gayle camp for sure ... he's a 'take.'
Is it only one of Gayle or Westry?

I am in the Gayle camp for sure ... he's a 'take.'
Is it only one of Gayle or Westry?
If you ask people here - you could take 2 of Gayle, Westry, Zion. I’m sure the coaches would agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom