Class of 2022 - SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) Offered

1) What's the current perception of JB from Jonny Flynn or Paul Harris? I know they had their differences 10 years ago but not sure with maturity if those guys think more fondly of him now. If not then there is 0.0% chance SU lands this kid because Niagara Falls is a very small town. Gayle already has 10+ power 5 offers it's only going to grow.

2) Should offer his friend Willie Lightfoot c/o '22 ASAP. Not gonna land Dior and Starling is not a gimme. Willie is very talented and tough as nails. On the small side height-wise but he already has major offers from Oregon and exposure is going to skyrocket after a transfer to a national prep, Sunrise Christian. We need to get in early.

Not much discussion in this thread.

Know we are getting our hopes up that Dior will bring us Top 25 type players Chance Westry and/or Zion Cruz BUT...

Kid right here is a 4 star, top 50 ranked kid (247 composite - #44, Rivals - #48) from nearby Youngstown NY (less than 3 hour drive) who grew up rooting for Syracuse (as many do around Buffalo area). All pluses for SU.

Also, kid is a homer (in good way haha) - stayed at Lewiston-Porter instead of going Prep because he wanted to continue playing in front of family/friends.
May play all 4 years there - commenting something to effect that he has offers from all the schools he likes anyway. (may be slightly mis-quoting lol - from article in Buffalo News titled "Lew-Port's Roddy Gayle enjoys comforts of home while fielding major Division 1 offers.") Another big plus for SU.

Maybe we shouldn't sleep on this guy.

As long as he’s ok with competition if we bring in Dior and Chance.

If Dior and Westry come, lets assume JG3 and BG are still here, that's 4 guards right there, could make room for a 5th but JB don't play 5 guards during the season

Kids pretty nasty, have a handful of friends who coach in the region and they've spoke very highly of his game. Hes a thick, strong player, who I'd love to see grow into a 3 so that we could get him dior and chance, along with a big in 2022

Was just talking about Gayle in the office recently. It's pretty crazy how he's been sort of forgotten after the Dior commitment. Obviously someone like Westry/Cruz would be great for the class, but Gayle would be the highest-rated recruit since Battle if I remember correctly.

Was just talking about Gayle in the office recently. It's pretty crazy how he's been sort of forgotten after the Dior commitment. Obviously someone like Westry/Cruz would be great for the class, but Gayle would be the highest-rated recruit since Battle if I remember correctly.
Depends on the service, Carey was No. 38 for ESPN (and Battle was 35), but wasn't ranked highly by Rvls.

I mean...we hand the keys over after Dior plays his only year?

I mean...we hand the keys over after Dior plays his only year?

I suppose that's the goal. I just feel like it's hard to take more than 2 guards for the 2022 cycle when you assume that JG3/Goodine are going to be productive. That's also basically punting on Richmond this cycle and assuming you really don't take a guard for 2021. This thing could potentially get crowded quick and I'm not convinced Syracuse is at the level right now where you can get a potential star like Gayle to more or less redshirt as a freshman when he could start immediately at like 340 DI schools.

I suppose that's the goal. I just feel like it's hard to take more than 2 guards for the 2022 cycle when you assume that JG3/Goodine are going to be productive. That's also basically punting on Richmond this cycle and assuming you really don't take a guard for 2021. This thing could potentially get crowded quick and I'm not convinced Syracuse is at the level right now where you can get a potential star like Gayle to more or less redshirt as a freshman when he could start immediately at like 340 DI schools.
Lot of moving pieces when it’s that far away. Could we see a few transfers? Can Kadary potentially play the 3? Etc

Yep. I still think Richmond does the guard offense and forward defense. His arms are so lanky but we'll see

Lot of moving pieces when it’s that far away. Could we see a few transfers? Can potentially play the 3? Etc

Yep. I still think Richmond does the guard offense and forward defense. His arms are so lanky but we'll see

Agree with both comments. Richmond could have the size to make things work at forward, though his frame would do wonders defensively at guard. I assume the new transfer rules could play a big part too. I think a lot of Top 100 kids may come in, see they are getting recruited over at their position and decide to (rightfully) bail for a better situation.

Really hope the coaches continue to reach out/recruit this dude. He’s the type that will play in college
I would assume if we get Westry it makes this kid a no-go?

I would assume if we get Westry it makes this kid a no-go?
I wouldn’t bet the house on Westry if Dior doesn’t come. I would tell all these guys, first to commit gets the scholarship. I wouldn’t mess around with any top 100 recruits. You snooze, you loose. If we count on Dior, some of these guys will wait to see what he does. SU can’t wait. I would take Gayle today. You don't say no to top 50 kids, plus he’s right down the road.

I wouldn’t bet the house on Westry if Dior doesn’t come. I would tell all these guys, first to commit gets the scholarship. I wouldn’t mess around with any top 100 recruits. You snooze, you loose. If we count on Dior, some of these guys will wait to see what he does. SU can’t wait. I would take Gayle today. You don't say no to top 50 kids, plus he’s right down the road.
I agree, but reports were Westry was going to commit in February then his dad told him to take his visits

That “snooze, you loose” strategy doesnt work, especially if parents are really involved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom