Class of 2022 - SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) Offered

Not sure about the ‘21 reclass. I’d predict he’s our next commit regardless of class though.

I agree and I think the staff realizes how much upside this dude has. I think Zion is good but I think this kid has higher ceiling and staff is still hoping for both. I haven’t heard of any other school truly in the running and I always am notified of that

Take it that if we have a choice of one commitment between Roddy Gayle, Zion Cruz and Chance Westry. The preferred choice would be Roddy, not Chance and not Zion? If we had 4 commitments as projected for 2022, it would be Dior (given), Roddy, Zion or Chance and a fourth player to be identified (Donovan, Justin, Jerace or to be determined)

Jordan Hawkins committing soon; if he goes to UConn I think that’s a positive for us. They’re interested big time in Gayle but Hawkins going there gives them a 2021 2G who is probably a 3-year guy

Jordan Hawkins committing soon; if he goes to UConn I think that’s a positive for us. They’re interested big time in Gayle but Hawkins going there gives them a 2021 2G who is probably a 3-year guy
Gayle is not going to Uconn over us. Andre Jackson was an outlier who was concerned about playing time.

Gayle is not going to Uconn over us. Andre Jackson was an outlier who was concerned about playing time.
To be fair, every recruit should be concerned about playing time, we shouldn’t be calling out recruits like it’s a bad thing that’s one of the main things they care about. Also at the moment, UConn does have more playing time over there at SG in 2022 assuming bouknights gone. We have kadary/griffin. I don’t want this to be another Jackson, but the same factors are there.

To be fair, every recruit should be concerned about playing time, we shouldn’t be calling out recruits like it’s a bad thing that’s one of the main things they care about. Also at the moment, UConn does have more playing time over there at SG in 2022 assuming bouknights gone. We have kadary/griffin. I don’t want this to be another Jackson, but the same factors are there.

I’d be absolutely stunned if Alan is still here by the time Roddy is a freshman.

Griffin will most likely be gone after this year if things work out right

Griffin will most likely be gone after this year if things work out right
A guy that averaged 9ppg last year as a sophomore for a half decent (but not elite) squad? If he had a really good year maybe, but “most likely”? Definitely not. Let’s not get all delusional like everyone did about Guerrier “being a one and done” before last year.

A guy that averaged 9ppg last year as a sophomore for a half decent (but not elite) squad? If he had a really good year maybe, but “most likely”? Definitely not. Let’s not get all delusional like everyone did about Guerrier “being a one and done” before last year.
He’s the same age as Eli was this past season. Look again at his numbers if you extrapolate them out to a per 32 basis.

either way, this is about Roddy, so i’m done

He’s the same age as Eli was this past season. Look again at his numbers if you extrapolate them out to a per 32 basis.

either way, this is about Roddy, so i’m done
He was also a bench player last year. We’ll see how he fits into this offense with buddy taking 15+ shots ppg.

He was also a bench player last year. We’ll see how he fits into this offense with buddy taking 15+ shots ppg.
There’s a thread on the main board where you can post about AG0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom