Class of 2022 - SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) Offered

Dont hold your breath lol no one wants to come here.
J_KYjY.gif

this isn’t necessarily the case here - but kids that are top 40 want guaranteed playing time. Boeheim doesn’t do that. You play you practice you earn it. Many of these kids that end up at “random” schools go to there because they don’t have to earn anything. They are promised the world and Syracuse basketball promises you an opportunity to compete and earn. Please keep that in mind when it comes to why or if SU “loses” kids

You mean to tell me Freshmen Rakeem Christmas and Dajuan Coleman earned their token starter spots? Those seemed to be clear “making good on a promise that you’ll start” situations IMO.

So I shouldn't get my hopes up for a change of heart before the weekend?

So I shouldn't get my hopes up for a change of heart before the weekend?
Well, in most cases, the team they verbal to is the team they sign with. So we could all hope Gayle picks Orange. But these are 17 year old kids whose biggest decision to date is what to order at Chipotle.

There will be plenty of time to flip this young man. It’s not when the kid verbals that matters. My guess is the staff will re-engage here.

the staff has moved on and his commitment to OsU is firm firm. Surprising turn of events
Wow, now this does suck. I was kind of hoping that Dior's decommitment meant an all in effort to flip Roddy. This stings more than losing Dior, cuz I never thought he was ever commited to play anywhere. Where do we sit with JJ and Lindsay and what other PG's are out there? Or do we shift directions with the extra year of eligiblity for JG3, and start recruiting 2023 PG's?

the staff has moved on and his commitment to OsU is firm firm. Surprising turn of events
Bulldog, understanding that recruiting is fluid, 17 yr olds, blah blah blah, and not suggesting you should know anyway, but how do we come out looking so...discombobulated here?
This is definitely not a good look in terms of perception. We lose our top recruit AND our seemingly top 2nd choice as well, all within the span of 36 hrs? And obviously if the staff was aware this was coming, the PR optics still should’ve been handled better, IMO.
Sometimes perception is reality, and this episode doesn’t do much to benefit the perception of SU bball, whether real or not.

Bulldog, understanding that recruiting is fluid, 17 yr olds, blah blah blah, and not suggesting you should know anyway, but how do we come out looking so...discombobulated here?
This is definitely not a good look in terms of perception. We lose our top recruit AND our seemingly top 2nd choice as well, all within the span of 36 hrs? And obviously if the staff was aware this was coming, the PR optics still should’ve been handled better, IMO.
Sometimes perception is reality, and this episode doesn’t do much to benefit the perception of SU bball, whether real or not.
The Dior announcement helps, it doesn’t hurt.

Just peeking at our options if Roddy is indeed going to commit to OSU... I saw on 2 4 7 that we have interest in 4 star Kyle Cuffe Jr, a 6'2" SG out of New Jersey. Didn't see a thread on him... or maybe I just missed it? Are we really in on this Cuffe? Curious.

[/QUOTE]

Your sources must be different that Bdoggs. He stated just up a little bit that OSU is solid solid...recruitment is done. Or staff has moved on...I believe is how it was actually stated.

The kid must not be very good at geography. He said staying close to home was very important to him. OSU is 2nd furthest away.

Your sources must be different that Bdoggs. He stated just up a little bit that OSU is solid solid...recruitment is done. Or staff has moved on...I believe is how it was actually stated.
he means it helps generally, not specific to roddy

dior johnson is a name that takes up a lot of space, which was a great thing for awhile but now it kinda crowds things out

Understood. But the Gayle announcement doesn’t help, unless I’m missing something. Except that maybe we’re now left to hope for a Tyus Battle-type situation and he decommits later.
Like many others, I’m more upset about Gayle than Dior, who always seemed a little flaky to me. But whatever the case, I’m getting tired of our always being “surprised” that fill-in-the-blank chose another school. Call it frustration and honestly not blaming anyone specifically, just tired of watching the same movie when it comes to high-caliber recruits.

he means it helps generally, not specific to roddy

dior johnson is a name that takes up a lot of space, which was a great thing for awhile but now it kinda crowds things out
Ah...great and very true point. I misunderstood. Thanks

Westry was always the guy I wanted at that position.

However, at this point I'm not sure how likely he is.

Who knows. I think we will be fine and now have very good college guards. Would be nice to get an NBA-type guy though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom