Class of 2022 - SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) Offered | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) Offered

Good luck to Roddy. Personally believe that he would have had more opportunity with Syracuse but I have my preference. Sure that he will do well there.

I don’t think this was a forgone conclusion from the time he committed. I believe once he left Mayfair for Oak Hill ... then left Oak Hill; the writing was on the wall from the academic side.

The move to Oak Hill was arranged. When he left, that was pretty much the end of it.
If he had enrolled in another prep school right away, that would have been one thing.
But obviously he didn't.

Related: I “was close” to having a three-way with Kate Upton and ScarJo.

Certainly no less “close” than this dream scenario.
Thats a great 2 to go with tho. You know what they say, "recruiting is fluid."

Wish Roddy well. On to the next. We will be more than fine, and I feel bad that he won't be apart of it, but that's his decision. I thought he had it in him to come here, and be a leader, but apparently another Dior rider. Had an opportunity to be the man here, and another guard drafted in round 1. While the Buckeyes can't even get Wesson drafted. 4 star kid, and #1 in Ohio, but hey, what do I know anyway.

Last edited:
Wish Roddy well. On to the next. We will be more than fine, and I feel bad that he won't be apart of it, but that's his decision. I thought he had it in him to come here, and be a leader, but apparently another Dior rider. Had an opportunity to be the man here, and another guard drafted in round 1. While the Buckeyes can't even get Wesson drafted. 4 star kid, and #1 in Ohio, but hey, what do I know anyway.

lol

Can only wish these kids well. Anything less is unnecessary. Sure you'd love to have dior, chance, and roddy in 1 class. But surely once dior left after year 1, chance and roddy may no longer want to stick around if they dont have to. Is it worth it to have 3 guard studs come in and leave after 1 year? I'm not sure that's how you win continuously in college. I prefer older veteran laden teams that have continuity from year to year, that's what makes college sports for me. Again GL to roddy and chance. We have depth, and alot of interesting pieces, let's see how the pieces all work together before we say we are worse off automatically.

Oh, but Roddy is apart of it. He's just not a part of it.

Pain.

Clearly the NCAA granting an additional year to players hurt our recruiting case with Roddy. Since Buddy and Joe don’t have NBA potential, we’ll still have a crowded veteran backcourt in 2022-23.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom