Class of 2022 - SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) Offered | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) Offered

The Dior announcement helps, it doesn’t hurt.

How so? Not trying to call you out as I believe your sources and insight are more than solid, and much appreciated by the way. But it would seem, on the surface at least, that it will be pretty hard to replace a top 5-10 player who had strong connections in the 2022 class. I know the kid was tough to keep happy, and I don't blame the staff at all here for the mutual break-up but it appears Gayle out, and with Westry being so close with Dior we may have just lost that option as well.

Are there any other recruits out there that this announcement is helping us with in a major way? I understand if you'd rather not give names because it may be sensitive info so any bone, even a very general one might help to ease the pain a little.

How so? Not trying to call you out as I believe your sources and insight are more than solid, and much appreciated by the way. But it would seem, on the surface at least, that it will be pretty hard to replace a top 5-10 player who had strong connections in the 2022 class. I know the kid was tough to keep happy, and I don't blame the staff at all here for the mutual break-up but it appears Gayle out, and with Westry being so close with Dior we may have just lost that option as well.

Are there any other recruits out there that this announcement is helping us with in a major way? I understand if you'd rather not give names because it may be sensitive info so any bone, even a very general one might help to ease the pain a little.
He wasn’t coming regardless. So by announcing it 2 years from 2022 it puts us in a much better spot to change our strategy. If Dior announced this in the spring before he came to cuse or he ended not being cleared - we would be screwed

He wasn’t coming regardless. So by announcing it 2 years from 2022 it puts us in a much better spot to change our strategy. If Dior announced this in the spring before he came to cuse or he ended not being cleared - we would be screwed
[/QUOTE
What give you any faith with the current situation?
Narrative changes same lackluster results.

I don’t think this was a forgone conclusion from the time he committed. I believe once he left Mayfair for Oak Hill ... then left Oak Hill; the writing was on the wall from the academic side.

When a recruit verbally commits to a college, is it common Procedure for the other Schools to back away from him even if there is almost two years before he goes to college. I am sure that there are exceptions but Gayle he is a young man who can always wonder what color the grass (no pun intended) is like at other schools There is always a chance that he can change his mind and reopen his recruitment. Only problem is that we will definitely move on to other recruits in the same time frame.

from the athletic

Attachments

• 2022 recruit Roddy Gayle will announce commitment – The Athletic.pdf
    302.1 KB · Views: 513
When a recruit verbally commits to a college, is it common Procedure for the other Schools to back away from him even if there is almost two years before he goes to college. I am sure that there are exceptions but Gayle he is a young man who can always wonder what color the grass (no pun intended) is like at other schools There is always a chance that he can change his mind and reopen his recruitment. Only problem is that we will definitely move on to other recruits in the same time frame.
My understanding is in basketball, yes, schools typically back away once a commitment's made. In football, hell no. They keep fighting until the bitter end, and that's why so many kids flip.

the staff has moved on and his commitment to OsU is firm firm. Surprising turn of events

Welp, I said losing Gayle too would bring me closer to the sky is falling group, but screw all that. Plenty of time, so I'll hold out hope here, but I appreciate the info, as always BD.
This one hurts though. Say it ain't so Rowdy...but with Benny, and the extra year Jets, all will be well. Kadary is gonna ease the pain for many, except Brian, and hopefully we can get three years outta him. But, at least two will do, and a run at it when Benny arrives.
The sky still is not falling for me, and far from it actually. JB, and company have learned their lesson, so just time to sit back, wait, and enjoy the show boys. I know we get infatuated, and enamored with the future recruits, but you can't forget all the young talent we have now, that will become studs soon enough.

Welp, I said losing Gayle too would bring me closer to the sky is falling group, but screw all that. Plenty of time, so I'll hold out hope here, but I appreciate the info, as always BD.
This one hurts though. Say it ain't so Rowdy...but with Benny, and the extra year Jets, all will be well. Kadary is gonna ease the pain for many, except Brian, and hopefully we can get three years outta him. But, at least two will do, and a run at it when Benny arrives.
The sky still is not falling for me, and far from it actually. JB, and company have learned their lesson, so just time to sit back, wait, and enjoy the show boys. I know we get infatuated, and enamored with the future recruits, but you can't forget all the young talent we have now, that will become studs soon enough.
Based on what? We need master recruiter on this staff. Team are running circles around us right and it been like that for some time now

4m6yng.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom