Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

I think Buddy is good enough for a scholarship to play at Syracuse, but, I would prefer he didn't get a scholarship. Seems like an exploitable loophole that should be fully exploited

You always can at a later date if you feel you cannot pass on a player who is interested. This is a way to say Buddy is a talented D1 level player and we are giving him a ship. He may wind up being on scholarship all 4 years or only some of them who knows. It basically gives us extra flexibility in recruiting while Buddy is on the team.

Last edited:
You always can at a later date if you feel you cannot pass on a player who is interested. This is a way to say Buddy is a talented D1 level player and we are giving him a ship. he may wind up being on scholarship all 4 years or only some of them who knows. It basically gives us extra flexibility in recruiting while Buddy is on the team.
Good point. The staff can move him in/out of the scholarship pool as roster/recruiting needs dictate.

Good point. The staff can move him in/out of the scholarship pool as roster/recruiting needs dictate.

Right offering him a ship now is symbolic whether he uses one or not. Just like the Gonzaga offer was validation. Few knows Buddy isn't going to Gonzaga but he also knows Buddy deserves D1 offers and wasn't getting them because every one knows he is going to play for his dad.

That would be fabulous to have Buddy on the team.

However, it seems his game has a lot of similarities to Sam Rautin's game. So that begs the question, if Buddy is in the fold are we continuing to recruit Sam ?

Also, if it was an either/or situation - who is better between Buddy & Sam ?

However, it seems his game has a lot of similarities to Sam Rautin's game. So that begs the question, if Buddy is in the fold are we continuing to recruit Sam ?

We never were recruiting Sam. Buddy is a lot better player btw. It's not really close.

I wonder if Mark Few will get an official visit, or maybe an in-home visit. They should do the in-home visit and record it.

They really should. Few and Jb are obviously close. And it would get lots of pub for both coaches.

Right offering him a ship now is symbolic whether he uses one or not. Just like the Gonzaga offer was validation. Few knows Buddy isn't going to Gonzaga but he also knows Buddy deserves D1 offers and wasn't getting them because every one knows he is going to play for his dad.
That and also more good news to build some recruiting momentum.

Last edited:

Buddy is a much better player. To the point I wouldn't even think to compare them.

They really should. Few and Jb are obviously close. And it would get lots of pub for both coaches.
They should have Few trying to negative recruit against Syracuse. "You don't want to go to Syracuse, their coach is so old." "You don't want to play in the lazy zone all the time." And have JB say "Well, I have done some research on Syracuse and they have gotten a player into the first round the past 6 years. The zone didn't seem to hinder those players."

I think Buddy is good enough for a scholarship to play at Syracuse, but, I would prefer he didn't get a scholarship. Seems like an exploitable loophole that should be fully exploited

it will be, I am sure it was a symbolic offer so to speak. With the reductions, we have to exploit it, at least for a year or two.

It was a nice story by Goodman. Nothing more. Jb wasn't and isn't worried about being out recruited for Buddy. I think the Zags offer shows that the Boeheims want Buddy to get offers. Few wouldn't have offered if it wasn't okay by JB.
I'm pretty sure it was more than okay. Tough optics to put your son the team if it's his only high major D-1 offer. Not saying Buddy didn't deserve it. I think he does, but other teams weren't going to even offer because it was a "no shot" deal. Few helped JB out.

Everyone wins...good deal.

Hearing anything new on Carey, Roberts or the other big at all?
As of right now, it's still early but I think we have as good of a shot if not better than any other team for Carey. Roberts has had an offer for awhile and hasn't really moved on it and the coaches have watched him a few times and have been less than impressed. As far as Carrigan, he cuts his list August 1st we will be on the list and from what I hear we are the strong favorites right now. If I had to project a class it would be: Hughes (transfer), Bazley, Boeheim, Carey, and Carrigan.

As of right now, it's still early but I think we have as good of a shot if not better than any other team for Carey. Roberts has had an offer for awhile and hasn't really moved on it and the coaches have watched him a few times and have been less than impressed. As far as Carrigan, he cuts his list August 1st we will be on the list and from what I hear we are the strong favorites right now. If I had to project a class it would be: Hughes (transfer), Bazley, Boeheim, Carey, and Carrigan.

I'd take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday. If that happens you can mark me down as one who was worried about the state of recruiting and no longer has any concerns. I'm already halfway there, but, that class would be special.

Always appreciate CuseMan4! and I would sign up for that in two seconds and maybe have a ship left for another guard/forward but I bet JB would save it for 19

That's a monster class, I hope it happens we ll be stacked!!!

Always appreciate CuseMan4! and I would sign up for that in two seconds and maybe have a ship left for another guard/forward but I bet JB would save it for 19
They would probably save it unless Louis King wanted to come here. We are one of the favorites for him too but he's going to be tougher to get than the rest. He is too good to say no to.

You always can at a later date if you feel you cannot pass on a player who is interested. This is a way to say Buddy is a talented D1 level player and we are giving him a ship. He may wind up being on scholarship all 4 years or only some of them who knows. It basically gives us extra flexibility in recruiting while Buddy is on the team.
Dad is giving him the respect he earned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom