Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

One angle about Buddy committing - assuming he commits - I haven't seen mentioned (or maybe it has...I've only read the last few pages of the thread) is how it'll help insulate the team from negative recruiting for the next couple years. I can't imagine Jim retires before Buddy leaves the program, so opposing coaches won't be able to plant the seed of doubt about JB's timetable for retirement in kids' heads for a little while longer.

One angle about Buddy committing - assuming he commits - I haven't seen mentioned (or maybe it has...I've only read the last few pages of the thread) is how it'll help insulate the team from negative recruiting for the next couple years. I can't imagine Jim retires before Buddy leaves the program, so opposing coaches won't be able to plant the seed of doubt about JB's timetable for retirement in kids' heads for a little while longer.

This is a fantastic point.

I'm not sure why we don't just say JB has 5 more seasons but he's never said how long he'll be at the helm.

I know some people allude there is more to the story but I still have a hard time fully understanding why JAB and Hop allowed any negative recruiting to happen,

I know some people allude there is more to the story but I still have a hard time fully understanding why JAB and Hop allowed any negative recruiting to happen,

What allusions are you alluding to? Sounds like I'm tryin to be cute but I'm not.

What allusions are you alluding to? Sounds like I'm tryin to be cute but I'm not.
I'm just saying people weren't happy with recent results, so they were grasping at straws on what they felt was substandard recruiting results. I thought we had a good succession plan but for numerous reasons, it didn't come to fruition. Now, it's been determined that JAB isn't going anywhere so things have seemed to improve. Time of course will tell on and off the field,

just wanna say I can't wait for the posts on here if Buddy is hitting, say, less than 35% of his threes while playing, say, more than 20 min/game
Eh, depends. Will people also be talking themselves into how good a shooter he is even though the numbers don't back that up? :rolleyes:

Conspiracy Theory of the Week:

Cooney got all those minutes to create a baseline with which to defend Buddy's future minutes. JB has already made the comparison a year and a half before BB's first game!

Nickname of the Week:

So what do you call Shaky Potatoes Jr?

Tater Tot. Of course.

Cooney got all those minutes to create a baseline with which to defend Buddy's future minutes. JB has already made the comparison a year and a half before BB's first game!

Nickname of the Week:

Tater Tot. Of course.
Nice, but maybe Tremble Tots?

Nickname of the Week:

Tater Tot. Of course.
This is second gunman on the grassy knoll great!

Tater Tot it shall be.

I'm all for it. EPIC post, HoustonCuse. I do think it would be nice to honor tradition and let OttoInGrotto, self appointed official arbiter of nicknames, give a pronouncement before it's official though. Wait, does Buddy need to make it official before we can make the nickname official?

Hmm...I heard tonight from a pretty good source that Buddy has declared for Cuse. Surprised not to see anything here. I guess my source either jumped the gun or Buddy hasn't made it public yet.

Nickname of the Week:

Tater Tot. Of course.

This is an easy one, Buddy "Salt Potatoes" Boeheim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom