Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Buddy playing in Binghamton at 9 a.m. Saturday. JB has to be thrilled with the 11 a.m. tip against Ole Miss. Costs him a chance to catch Buddy and Cortese.

Buddy playing in Binghamton at 9 a.m. Saturday. JB has to be thrilled with the 11 a.m. tip against Ole Miss. Costs him a chance to catch Buddy and Cortese.
His daughter's team plays at 7 pm tonight in Troy so he should be able to make that one.

With the recent events, how long before we see this thread with "committed to Syracuse" after it?

I completely agree. I am convinced that JB told Hop that he wants to stay to coach Buddy, so 5 more years
If that's the case have him commit now or better yet anounce he'll play as a walk-on and clean up all the uncertainty about the coaching situation. Recruits know he's here for 5 more years so it's a non issue at least for a year or two

Side note: I'm a grad of Irondequoit HS, that beat J-D. They won their first ever NY State title today. The coach has been at IHS almost as long as JB has been at Cuse.

Back to recruiting, fingers crossed for 5 more years, though I wouldn't mind if JB softened up a bit. Maybe having his son on the team will make him treat the rest of the team like a father instead of a drill sergeant. It's been tough to watch the last few years. Has to be tough on recruiting when potential recruits see him berate his players.

What offers does this kid actually have?

Side note: I'm a grad of Irondequoit HS, that beat J-D. They won their first ever NY State title today. The coach has been at IHS almost as long as JB has been at Cuse.

Back to recruiting, fingers crossed for 5 more years, though I wouldn't mind if JB softened up a bit. Maybe having his son on the team will make him treat the rest of the team like a father instead of a drill sergeant. It's been tough to watch the last few years. Has to be tough on recruiting when potential recruits see him berate his players.

I was an Eastridge grad but grew up going to all the West Irondequoit camps and stuff and got to know Coach Cardon very well. I was so happy to hear that he won the title. Really great guy.

I was an Eastridge grad but grew up going to all the West Irondequoit camps and stuff and got to know Coach Cardon very well. I was so happy to hear that he won the title. Really great guy.

Congrats to Chris and Irondequoit High School. I coached another varsity sport in West Irondequoit for over 30 years and had great respect for Chris and the time he put into coaching. You talk about players being " gym rats" but Chris, as the coach of the program, is in the gym 24/7. His program is competitive nearly every year. I no longer live in Rochester but emailed him about something before the season started. He was very excited about the team, including the number of remaining players and size.

What offers does this kid actually have?

I saw 2-star recruit on Verbal Commits, but can't find him listed on ESPN, R-IV-ALS, SKOUT or 24-7.

Is it just assumed he goes to SU?

I saw 2-star recruit on Verbal Commits, but can't find him listed on ESPN, R-IV-ALS, SKOUT or 24-7.

Jimmy Junior went to Prep in NH for a year, and he picked up offers from Harvard, Dartmouth, and Cornell.

It wouldn't surprise me if Buddy took the same path ... Prep then Ivy.

I completely agree. I am convinced that JB told Hop that he wants to stay to coach Buddy, so 5 more years

My thoughts exactly.

Signed a 5 year extension. Buddy is class of 2018. If he comes to SU, JB would be 78 when he graduates in 2022. Buddy graduates, JB's contract ends and everybody rides off into an Orange sunset.

I couldn't find anything either. Hopefully someone pipes in.

I've seen him play. He can shoot and pass. I think we will know if he can play at a P5 level after this summers AAU session

My thoughts exactly.

Signed a 5 year extension. Buddy is class of 2018. If he comes to SU, JB would be 78 when he graduates in 2022. Buddy graduates, JB's contract ends and everybody rides off into an Orange sunset.

I wonder if Hopkins is scheduled to take over at that point? He will have 5 years of HC experience and will hopefully have all the kinks out

I've seen him play. He can shoot and pass. I think we will know if he can play at a P5 level after this summers AAU session

I've seen buddy play numerous times, since he was about 6-7. Always loved the kid and the certain "toughness" he displayed even as a young kid. He can certainly shoot it and is a great passer with a high basketball IQ. I believe he can play d1, but not sure high d1. My concern with him is height and foot speed. In college he will need to be a 2 or 3. Wouldn't be able to play the stretch 4 due to height. But as a 2/3 he might be a little too slow. But he has another year and I wouldn't put it past him to really focus on that and ball handling. Still would like to see him at SU. At worst he'd be a spot up shooter used in certain situations.

I've seen buddy play numerous times, since he was about 6-7. Always loved the kid and the certain "toughness" he displayed even as a young kid. He can certainly shoot it and is a great passer with a high basketball IQ. I believe he can play d1, but not sure high d1. My concern with him is height and foot speed. In college he will need to be a 2 or 3. Wouldn't be able to play the stretch 4 due to height. But as a 2/3 he might be a little too slow. But he has another year and I wouldn't put it past him to really focus on that and ball handling. Still would like to see him at SU. At worst he'd be a spot up shooter used in certain situations.

I think you're spot on. That jumper is sweet though.

as a fatherrrrrr... how do you offer your second born but not your first born? My guess is we won't ever offer him.
I agree. I think JB still values his beloved program and would only offer a player that he thinks can help him win, even if it is his own child.

On a side note...why is it that I read the word "fatherrrrr" in your post, with Mike Myers Goldmember voice??!! Haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom