Class of 2018 - SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG/SF Buddy Boeheim SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Of course it was 100% true. But it's not a good look when recruits and their families can see/hear that.

Pitino on Sunday did even worse. Through most of his kids under the bus. I know that if I were a parent, I wouldn't send my kid to play for a coach who publicly humiliates his players.
then you'd probably be sending him to play for some mild mannered coach at an NAIA school

Slightly difference situation there. Buddy looks like an actual scholarship worthy player. AA Jr is a traditional walk-on level player.
With regard to scholarship rules it's no different. If he is getting aid because dad is a school employee and he doesn't count toward a scholly, BB would fall under the same rules.

"Whatever my dad thinks is best is what I will do probably." -Buddy Boeheim

I have heard Boeheim say in the past regarding recruiting for Jimmy that both Jimmy and Jamie don't really listen to him. That Juli is the point on everything. He said Buddy listens to him. I really like Buddy's game personally and I know he plays below the rim and isn't super athletic but his size and ability to shoot the 3 should be fine. I know it's an obvious comparison but I see some Andy Rautins in him. Is there anyway this doesn't happen?

"Whatever my dad thinks is best is what I will do probably." -Buddy Boeheim

I have heard Boeheim say in the past regarding recruiting for Jimmy that both Jimmy and Jamie don't really listen to him. That Juli is the point on everything. He said Buddy listens to him. I really like Buddy's game personally and I know he plays below the rim and isn't super athletic but his size and ability to shoot the 3 should be fine. I know it's an obvious comparison but I see some Andy Rautins in him. Is there anyway this doesn't happen?

If he has a good AAU season I'm sure he will get P5 schools to offer. Kid has the potential to be a great shooter at some level.

Hopefully Louis Orr is not his godparent.

Reading your post made me think about how funny it would be if Buddy Boeheim committed to our coaching staff, but changed his mind at the 11th hour as Green / Ayala were reported to have done...

Would kill for a commit just to reverse the hoops recruiting mojo right now...

Is it possible for Buddy to reclassify? We need a SF for next year. I'm kidding but only sort of.
If he doesn't it tells me he isn't ready to compete at the college level. Oh wait, he's only in 11th grade. Never mind.

Anyone have any insight on how injured Buddy is? I see he didn't play for the City Rocks tonight.

Didn't play last night or this morning. Wrist must still be bothering him. Maybe he's not even in Indy which would explain why both GMac and Griff are there and not JB.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom