Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

No way, if I'm a top 100 guy and I let someone know I want to come there and they stop recruiting me for months, of course I'm going to be bothered by that.

Doesn't change the fact that I want him to come here, but these guys have such big egos. The only reason we have a shot is because the only team pursuing him hard is Georgia Tech and maybe Nova to a degree.

"Sorry, kid. Uh...it was all Hop! He was all set to take over and HE didn't want you! But I always did!"

*Sorry! I'm just kidding...unless it works?

"Sorry, kid. Uh...it was all Hop! He was all set to take over and HE didn't want you! But I always did!"

That's what I'm saying, but hey if he's going to let us get back in, I'm all for it. We need dudes like this!

IMG_0796.GIF

No way, if I'm a top 100 guy and I let someone know I want to come there and they stop recruiting me for months, of course I'm going to be bothered by that.

Doesn't change the fact that I want him to come here, but these guys have such big egos. The only reason we have a shot is because the only team pursuing him hard is Georgia Tech and maybe Nova to a degree.
Yea maybe the kid took it as a lesson instead of thinking he can do whatever he wants without consequence.

He loves the Cuse. Always thought that we could've had him if we wanted before backing off after his infamous Mayfest visit. Would slide in immediately at the 3. Similar playing style to Mali, but much better playmaker and passer. Off court issues is kind of concerning but hopefully he has matured as time passed by.

GA Tech seems to be the only school that is really pushing hard for him. So I think we could pull this off if the pursuit is consistent.

This is definitely my favorite post that you've recently made. Unless we don't get him, then I hate you.

I thought we stopped recruiting Tucker after last summer for some deep dark secret reason. Why the new interest? Was it Hop who didn't want him? Hard to believe this late in game we have a realistic chance.

is it possible Hop was like, nope that kid's trouble - and now JB is like, eh he's not too much trouble for me
??

Honestly, Tucker's transgression wasn't a big deal in the big scheme of things. It is being overblown in terms of "trouble."

Recruiting visits are a two way audition. Zero problem with our coaches deciding to maybe move on, and zero problems with them deciding to get back involved. If he had done something really problematic, it would be a different story. But it really wasn't that bad. If / when it eventually comes out [and I think a lot of people have already alluded to it], I assume most would just shrug their shoulders. This wasn't some insurmountable thing, a big problem, or some enormous red flag.

Oregon as well to go along with GA Tech and Nova.

I thought we stopped recruiting Tucker after last summer for some deep dark secret reason. Why the new interest? Was it Hop who didn't want him? Hard to believe this late in game we have a realistic chance.
It isn't like there is competition that is too tough. Plus, the kid really liked Syracuse.

If we were to land Tucker, that shouldn't effect Brissett's commitment, should it? Could you see them on the floor together? Would be interesting to see how good these two young forwards could be if we brought him in. I really like Oshae but I don't think that he will be a contributor next year simply because I'm not sold on the jumper yet. I see him fitting the mold of a Jerami Grant. I think Tucker could contribute right away.