Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

If we were to land Tucker, that shouldn't effect Brissett's commitment, should it? Could you see them on the floor together? Would be interesting to see how good these two young forwards could be if we brought him in. I really like Oshae but I don't think that he will be a contributor next year simply because I'm not sold on the jumper yet. I see him fitting the mold of a Jerami Grant. I think Tucker could contribute right away.
I think the dynamic for the two of them is (based on poster info and highlights), offensively Tucker is a 3/2 (skewing heavily towards 3 for us) and Brissett is a 4/3 (more of a 4 right now).

Both are forwards for us but hopefully complementary

Last edited:
Honestly, Tucker's transgression wasn't a big deal in the big scheme of things. It is being overblown in terms of "trouble."

Recruiting visits are a two way audition. Zero problem with our coaches deciding to maybe move on, and zero problems with them deciding to get back involved. If he had done something really problematic, it would be a different story. But it really wasn't that bad. If / when it eventually comes out [and I think a lot of people have already alluded to it], I assume most would just shrug their shoulders. This wasn't some insurmountable thing, a big problem, or some enormous red flag.

Was Howard involved in Tucker's visit as well? Somebody better be keeping Howard on lockdown/house arrest whenever future PG/SG dudes better than him come visit.

That is hilarious -
C7pArUGW4AEJsXQ.jpg

Was Howard involved in Tucker's visit as well? Somebody better be keeping Howard on lockdown/house arrest whenever future PG/SG dudes better than him come visit.
No

Speaks to the desperation of the staff that they're chasing him again after backing off of him.

actually it's reall smart by the staff and quite normal with what goes on in college hoops recruiting.. Lydon declares you have a huge whole and you reconnect with someone who you have a relationship with and is very talented. No different from all the coaches trying to get late signees

Speaks to the desperation of the staff that they're chasing him again after backing off of him.

To me it shows the staff realizes they need high end talent badly and there going after one of the few targets that are remaining. Off the court issues or not this is a player we desperately need. Glad to see the staff realize it and make a move.

Okay, but if it was that big of a deal then we wouldn't be back recruiting him. I think it was moreso that he moved to Georgia, as to the major reason we stopped going after him hard.

Unless of course our other targets pick other destinations, we lose guys to the draft and suddenly Old Mother Boeheim is looking at life with a very bare cupboard.

It doesn't bother me either, but you dropped all comms with his camp for months to come circling back when things haven't gone your way? If the transgression wasn't a big deal, they should have maintained a relationship with him.

It doesn't bother me either, but you dropped all comms with his camp for months to come circling back when things haven't gone your way? If the transgression wasn't a big deal, they should have maintained a relationship with him.

Well if it doesn't hurt us and we still sign him then the staff ended up doing just fine. If he's open to reengaging and considering Cuse then he's obviously not holding grudges

the big boys in football do it all the time

Honestly, Tucker's transgression wasn't a big deal in the big scheme of things. It is being overblown in terms of "trouble."

Recruiting visits are a two way audition. Zero problem with our coaches deciding to maybe move on, and zero problems with them deciding to get back involved. If he had done something really problematic, it would be a different story. But it really wasn't that bad. If / when it eventually comes out [and I think a lot of people have already alluded to it], I assume most would just shrug their shoulders. This wasn't some insurmountable thing, a big problem, or some enormous red flag.

Agreed, everyone gets a little screwy about some teenage hijinx. If you guys knew half of what I did when I was in college, I'd be permanently banned here.....or maybe elevated to supernatural status with a forum here dedicated to me where I could repeatedly recount the tales, like my own personal version of Story Corp.

Maybe the staff reached out to his High School coach to see how he was progressing this year (any isolated incidents) and everything checked out okay so then they decided to pursue him again.

Doesn't phase me one bit. Load up on whatever remaining talent we have left. We have a talent in Tyus Battle that comes once a decade. We gotta capitalize.
Once a decade?

Think Battle's gonna end up being better than Dion (at least in college) and I don't think we've had anyone that good/NBA since 2006/2007.

Hmm. I haven't given it a ton of thought, but I'm not sure Dion even makes my top 5 of guys since 2006/7.

Edit: I've given it more thought. He's definitely in the 6-10 range for me. It's tough to compare because Dion left as a sophomore while some of these guys stuck around for a long time, but IMO, and not in order:

- Senior Rick Jackson
- Senior Rakeem Christmas
- Senior Mike Gbinije
- Sophomore MCW
- Wes Johnson
- Fab Melo (I think it was his sophomore year when he blew up?)

I think all those guys were better than Dion as a college player; I don't even think it's really debatable honestly.

Last edited:
What's funny to me is I read person after person complain about our coaches not recruiting well enough then our HC make a recruiting trip and those same people are complaining. Maybe it's time to find a new team since all you do is complain. JB is a hall of gamer and has done more with less than most Coaches. Look at Coach K or Sean Miller, roster has a ton of McDonald AA and still didn't make it pass the first weekend or sweet 16. JB made the final 4 last year with much worst roster then both Coach K or Sean Miller had this year. It's time for Orange Nation to trust our leader, I think he deserves it

I think we still have a chance for Tucker since he's willing to listen and we were always high on his list

Hmm. I haven't given it a ton of thought, but I'm not sure Dion even makes my top 5 of guys since 2006/7.

Please give me your list. He's absolutely one of the top 5 of the last decade. That's for another thread though.