Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

This is not going to win me any popularity contests but I have not been impressed with what I've seen from Tucker. He seems very one-dimensional and he never shoots the ball well whenever I've watched him play. He has an impressive list of suitors so they all must like his game.

My worry is also along the lines of him basically being only a shooter and a streaky one at that.

For what it's worth, I could easily see some friend grabbing his phone, putting out the tweet, and waving it in front of his face just out of reach... Definitely has happened to me before--but more with texting some girl.

Anyhow, I need a bit more clarity. Let's say it was for real and he was told to wait. Is that an implication that SU doesn't actually want him because Porter Jr is real target right now? Or does that mean that we don't want other wings that we're recruiting to get scared off by his commitment?

To me, that's the million dollar question.

Normally I'd guess that we'd be all over Tucker. But the coaching staff must love our chances with Porter.

To me, that's the million dollar question.

Normally I'd guess that we'd be all over Tucker. But the coaching staff must love our chances with Porter.
I really hope that is the case, because Porter is 100x better than Tucker. And that isn't saying Tucker is bad, but as Iommi mentioned above, he lacks versatility in his game. When Porter gets the ball, he can do just about anything he wants. Tucker, not so much.

I really hope that is the case, because Porter is 100x better than Tucker. And that isn't saying Tucker is bad, but as Iommi mentioned above, he lacks versatility in his game. When Porter gets the ball, he can do just about anything he wants. Tucker, not so much.
Tucker reminds me A LOT of Demetris Nichols, in terms of size / game. Very similar player, one dimensional, etc.

Porter is a superstar. Kid is going to be a top 3 draft pick.

Tucker reminds me A LOT of Demetris Nichols, in terms of size / game. Very similar player, one dimensional, etc.

Porter is a superstar. Kid is going to be a top 3 draft pick.
Yeah, I can see Nichols in him. Maybe Tucker can improve the other areas of his game, but I prefer players that are well rounded and good at everything, rather than great at just one thing.

Found some tape of him from last month to pass on -

This footage reminds of a lot of watching Mookie Jones in high school. Very similar shot set up and release.

Seems like G-mac is becoming our lead recruiter. He's been talking with a lot of big recruits.
What are you talking about??? GMac has gotten two recruits since he started recruiting, and Patterson is one of them. Our top recruiters are Autry and Hopkins. Autry has been phenomenal since he came back to SU.

What are you talking about??? GMac has gotten two recruits since he started recruiting, and Patterson is one of them. Our top recruiters are Autry and Hopkins. Autry has been phenomenal since he came back to SU.
Jerami Grant, Michael Gbinije, Tyler Ennis, B.J. Johnson and Chris McCullough in four years. Not too bad.

Article that Tomcat linked on b-ball doesn't sound promising with him right now.

I have given up and the worst part is I was sober when I swear I saw it. Oh well, I guess we can delete the initial reply I started and act like we never saw any of this :)

I have given up and the worst part is I was sober when I swear I saw it. Oh well, I guess we can delete the initial reply I started and act like we never saw any of this :)
Just to clarify though, the article you saw made it not look good for us with Michael Porter?

Saw this on Google today..maybe it's old news?...I can't read the article because I don't pay scout...

10 hours ago - A month back, Porter said Syracuse was once his dream school, until he heard about the NCAA sanctions. That was the first time the NCAA .. $$$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom