1. If you are getting script errors or redirects, please click here and switch to the "Alternate Style." You can dismiss this notice by clicking the little x at the top right of this box. If you still have a problem, email me at: tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Offered by Syracuse

Discussion in 'Basketball Recruiting Forum' started by Francis03, Jul 22, 2014.

1. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

I have a feeling that this will be one of those players that we'll regret having passed on.

2. doc05

doc05 2nd String

I know we pulled back on him, but we basically will land NONE of our primary 2017 targets.

two3zone likes this.
  3. NineOneSeven

NineOneSeven Living Legend

Jim said to stop worrying about recruiting so stop worrying about it!

SoBeCuse and two3zone like this.
  4. orangefog

orangefog All American

Are you sure he didn't just say that HE stopped worrying about recruiting?

SoBeCuse, two3zone, Shark58 and 5 others like this.
  5. pfister1

pfister1 All American

Back in the day that was what the players would try to ensure happened on a recruiting visit...I guess times have changed.

OrangeDW and rackman18 like this.
  6. jordville

jordville 2nd String

7. rackman18

rackman18 Starter

You are SOOOOOOOOOO right, times has changed. It is time for HCJB retirement and we know Hopkins and ALL his assistants can't close do the job. We need to clear out and bring in the the best coaches out there to turn this great program around like it was in the past. If they don't, this program will go father south than it is now. We need coaches that can recruit and work with player to make them and teach them to be better players and work as a team.. They are out there believe me. I know they won't and I am going to get blasted for saying these things. But as a fan it just kills me to this this team going backwards and it will continue. It starts at the top and what we are seeing at the top isn't getting the job done. With Coach JB retiring, time to change is now.

8. Antiprodigy

Antiprodigy 2nd String

This isn't going to happen, and you know it isn't, so why bother with the post? Does it make you feel better? I'm not really sure how...

SU has Hop listed as head coach designate, so there just really isn't any way they are going to do a 180, pull the rug out from under him and hire from outside. Hop is going to get a chance. Whether you like it or not. You should really try to adopt a more Zen attitude about things that you can not change. It is what it is.

MSOrange likes this.
  9. dasher

dasher Living Legend

Maybe on the court.

10. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

SOMEBODY'S got to play the 3 next year, and right now there is no logical candidate on the returning roster who has the tools to do so.

Cusefan0307 and two3zone like this.
  11. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 Hall of Fame

Next year looks really bleak especially if Lydon bolts. There are no prospects left for 2017 capable of playing in the ACC unless we plan on getting both Ayala and Wright to re-class.

12. JeremyCuse

JeremyCuse Living Legend

Didn't Wright already re-class in the wrong direction?

13. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 Hall of Fame

Hoping we can get him to come back the other way.

14. JeremyCuse

JeremyCuse Living Legend

I gotta assume that ship has long sailed if he had to reclassify backwards. Best bet is Ayala and probably a JUCO/Grad transfer.

15. Fly Rodder

Fly Rodder Starter

If they can get a legit SG/CG either through a reclass or 5th year, then Battle can move to the 3 next season like Mali and they can run basically a 3 guard lineup. And Brissett is going to have to be ready to play. Moyer, TT, and PC with spot minutes from Sidibe can handle the 4 & 5. They're still going to need some additional bodies. It's not ideal and could be really ugly. It'd be fantastic to be able to plug Diallo in there for a season, but that ship has sailed, I think.

16. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 Hall of Fame

Personally I hope we never touch grad transfers again.

Fly Rodder likes this.
  17. Fly Rodder

Fly Rodder Starter

So do I, except as a bench guy looking to get into coaching. Unfortunately, it'll probably be necessary again.

18. rackman18

rackman18 Starter

Who died and left you in charge to say what is or is not going to happen. You have your opinion and I have mine. I speaking mine on here and that is what the forum is all. Not for some one who sits back waiting to jump in on a kill. Besides the way this team is going , on the court and on the recruiting end, the AD just may see that this format that was previously set is getting worse and not better and may just "pull the rug" from under" Hopkins. And again my OPINION and only mine, however there are a few that agree with me, it should be pulled and get a proven coach and assistants that can do the job. So before you go off and criticize, remember, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone got one. However you may have two. Have a nice day. ;)

19. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 Hall of Fame

It would have to come with a buyout. That's what most people with your opinion fail to mention. People think we can just pass on Hopkins without repercussion and that isn't the case.

I happen to think not giving him a chance could lead to greater harm, but thats my worthless opinion.

MSOrange and rackman18 like this.
  20. TCuse99

TCuse99 Walk On

Couldn't agree more. On all counts.

Antiprodigy and Cusefan0307 like this.