Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Whats the update? Haven't checked this thread in days due to absolute nonsense being posted.

still a toss up between us and GTech? If so, just a shame we stopped recruiting him, otherwise I bet he would've been Orange for a while now.

Whats the update? Haven't checked this thread in days due to absolute nonsense being posted.

still a toss up between us and GTech? If so, just a shame we stopped recruiting him, otherwise I bet he would've been Orange for a while now.

Update is it doesn't look like he's visiting Oregon. Georgia Tech is getting the last visit at some point. We have a shot but the Jackets might (Ramblin') Wreck our plans.

I know many don't agree -- but he's visited a bunch of times...had a seemingly good time on his last visit... knows we have a starting spot with his name on it...and still doesn't commit. Don't like the feel of it.

Update is it doesn't look like he's visiting Oregon. Georgia Tech is getting the last visit at some point. We have a shot but the Jackets might (Ramblin') Wreck our plans.

Them getting the last visit is concerning but I have confidence the kid won't turn down the opportunity at hand. All things being considered I think if he chooses GTech it has more to do with us stopping our efforts with him for a period of time, than it does the state of our program.

All that being said I still think he'll go orange, despite it being a true toss up.

I would be more concerned if he didn't go to school 30 minutes away. He could visit every weekend if he wants.

I know many don't agree -- but he's visited a bunch of times...had a seemingly good time on his last visit... knows we have a starting spot with his name on it...and still doesn't commit. Don't like the feel of it.

Hopefully he's either milking it or just seriously weighing his options but no reason to feel great about it.

Feels like he wants to come to Cuse but feels like he'll disappoint many family and friends there if he doesn't go to Tech. Family has to ask themselves which school springboards more kids into the NBA if they have that as a priority

Just confirmation that its G-Tech or SU at this point. Not necessary good or bad for SU or G-Tech for that matter.

Interesting that Syracuse doesn't get the same respect from recruits as we do from opposing fan bases that flock to see us play their teams. GT sold out our game last year

I would say this is trending in the wrong direction, based on the signs I'm seeing. Not great.

Maybe he means Tucker taking Tech as his last visit. Why bother if he wants Cuse
I am not saying he will choose Syracuse. However, if I recall correctly , didn't Tucker basically say that we wasn't going to commit anywhere before completing his visits?

Maybe he means Tucker taking Tech as his last visit. Why bother if he wants Cuse

I would like to think it's because deep down he knows cuse is the better program and probably wants to choose us but is getting lots of pressure about going there and being close to home so he's giving them one final chance to see if he truly can see himself wear Russell athletics over Nike! And once he goes there and realizes the unis are horrible and he will miss out on all the good Nike perks that come from attending cuse he will most certainly choose us!;)

I would like to think it's because deep down he knows cuse is the better program and probably wants to choose us but is getting lots of pressure about going there and being close to home so he's giving them one final chance to see if he truly can see himself wear Russell athletics over Nike! And once he goes there and realizes the unis are horrible and he will miss out on all the good Nike perks that come from attending cuse he will most certainly choose us!;)
Agree. Just a gut feeling and nothing more, I think his heart and his head are telling him different things.

I just don't get the debate , if NBA is ultimate goal he will be showcased and a probable first round pick in 2 years max at Syracuse. I can't say the same guarantee (or near guarantee) at Georgia tech. I mean hell, many of us think TT might declare after this year, and that would be shocking if somebody said that last year at this time that it was a possibility. Like it or not JB's system gets players drafted . Even if somehow Duke got into the mix it'd still make no sense, he wouldn't be showcased he'd be a 6th man at best his first year . This shouldn't be a debate, frustrating that it is. Unfortunately I guess that's where we are as a program somehow. Confusing as hell.

I am not saying he will choose Syracuse. However, if I recall correctly , didn't Tucker basically say that we wasn't going to commit anywhere before completing his visits?
Bingo. Was thinking, maybe he is going to finish what he set out to do and not haste.

Either way, I'll throw a couple of names out there from successive seasons.

Andrew White 6'7
Malachi Richardson 6'6

All needed very little room to get their shot off. All got plenty of scoring opportunities. All had ridiculous scoring games and HUGE moments in SU history.

Jordan Tucker 6'7

All good things.

Still. I get that the Georgia area might be attractive to him and family now that it is home.

As always, it's not possible to fully understand byte for byte someone else's inner thoughts and decision making process. But we always try! In fact, I slipped one of those in early.