Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 179 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Alright, now we can get Brian Bowen in for a visit and take him away from everyone else.

I didn't want to be that fan bombarding a father watching his son's game, but I did talk to JB some during timeouts, at the half, and some after the game (with Tyus Battle and fam).

A couple take aways... JB wouldn't say it, but it sure felt like he knew what Tucker's decision was prior to noon. When the tweet came in on my phone, I looked his way and he did a little shrug, eyebrows raised with a little smirk. He said we are going to be alright. JB was pretty into the game.. a little texting here and there. In the first half that was a cool moment when Michael Porter Jr. was walking by. Hey Coach. Hi Mike. And then they talked for a few. JB closed with a good luck.

After the game I chatted with Tyus for a couple minutes before he started talked with JB. I told him that I'm excited for him and Syracuse next season. Tyus is definitely looking forward to next season and stepping up his game. He was very genuine and down to Earth. Great representative of Cuse Nation. We talked about his brother a little-- he went off for 30 earlier. Tyus wouldn't mention any new names for next year (JB in the vicinity, not that he would have anyway), but he just smiled and gave a wink.

As far as players that I watched up close... the City Rocks had that game in the bag until late. Their coach closed with Stewart, Williams, and Carter on the bench and they lost... very odd. Killa Cam is out of this world good. He would be the perfect fit for SU. Kofi is a man playing against boys. Simi is a man child. Antwann Jones didn't play down the stretch. Cole Anthony is just a special player. I watched Shaq cheer on the Cali kids (Shareef and Bol Bol).. there were some really bad lobs that Bol Bolt would just go get and make the play look great.

Awesome time.. so much action, hard to take it all in at times. But highly recommend if you are able to catch one of these events. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to go back for the later games as I'm taking the wife to the Zac Brown concert. I may try to sneak away tomorrow for some games... but also may not due to Mother's Day.

Last edited:
Oh well. Time to move on. May be a blessing in disguise as he is an attention seeker. The head cheerleader came calling, so he spurned the one who would have giving him their all.

Also, we wouldn't get Thorpe with him, and Marek. I believe Geno is the best chance of a good season. Now hopefully we get those two. I'll start freaking out when that doesn't happen. Best of luck, JT.

I didn't want to be that fan bombarding a father watching his son's game, but I did talk to JB some during timeouts, at the half, and some after the game (with Tyus Battle and fam).

A couple take aways... JB wouldn't say it, but it sure felt like he knew what Tucker's decision was prior to noon. When the tweet came in on my phone, I looked his way and he did a little shrug, eyebrows raised with a little smirk. He said we are going to be alright. JB was pretty into the game.. a little texting here and there. In the first half that was a cool moment when Michael Porter Jr. was walking by. Hey Coach. Hi Mike. And then they talked for a few. JB closed with a good luck.

After the game I chatted with Tyus for a couple minutes before he started talked with JB. I told him that I'm excited for him and Syracuse next season. Tyus is definitely looking forward to next season and stepping up his game. He was very genuine and down to Earth. Great representative of Cuse Nation. We talked about his brother a little-- he went off for 30 earlier. Tyus wouldn't mention any new names for next year (JB in the vicinity, not that he would have anyway), but he just smiled and gave a wink.

As far as players that I watched up close... the City Rocks had that game in the bag until late. Their coach closed with Stewart, Williams, and Carter on the bench and they lost... very odd. Killa Cam is out of this world good. He would be the perfect fit for SU. Kofi is a man playing against boys. Simi is a man child. Antwann Jones didn't play down the stretch. Cole Anthony is just a special player. I watched Shaq cheer on the Cali kids (Shareef and Bol Bol).. there were some really bad lobs that Bol Bolt would just go get and make the play look great.

Awesome time.. so much action, hard to take it all in at times. But highly recommend if you are able to catch one of these events. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to go back for the later games as I'm taking the wife to the Zac Brown concert. I may try to sneak away tomorrow for some games... but also may not due to Mother's Day.
Love your stuff

I am sure they called JB before the announcement

I wanted Tucker as much as everyone else, but getting these guys major minutes could pay off huge in 2-3 years. I think our best teams are when good underclassmen become great upperclassmen

Unfortunately, these days good underclassman declare for the draft.

Oh well. Time to move on. May be a blessing in disguise as he is an attention seeker. The head cheerleader came calling, so he spurned the one who would have giving him their all.

Also, we wouldn't get Thorpe with him, and Marek. I believe Geno is the best chance of a good season. Now hopefully we get those two. I'll start freaking out when that doesn't happen. Best of luck, JT.

Not really, and we are just as good looking as the head cheerleader.

Your commentary is right on--just as a follow up, you can watch the games on flohoops.com, $20 for a monthly subscription, this would allow you to watch the final session in CA as well as they stream all the EYBL games. The video quality is excellent. Just a few minutes after Tucker announced JB got a call and was pretty stoic, the camera was pointed right at as he was sitting way off to the right. Regarding CR, they started a different 5 vs Playground Warriors of WI, jumped out to an early lead and just won by 10. They looked much better in the second game today.

Fantastic report! Thanks for what you do for the recruiting board

hqdefault.jpg

Yes, Naz did... you could see the frustration all over his face when he was in the game... and pouted when taken out. It wasn't a good look. Athletically, he looks the part though. Kid can jump out of the gym.

His mom gave him a pep talk on Twitter. LOL. I think he will be a fun player to watch, but maybe a bit limited. Like you said, though, with his alhleticism, he does have plenty of upside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom