Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I swear UConn is going to catch a scholarship offer STD one day with the way they offer everybody.
Then they absolutely need this guy on board. A lock.
Tom-Crean.jpg

Wrote something up on Tucker. Great looking young prospect, though watching clips a couple things stand out that I hope can be fine tuned: I'm not a big fan of some of his mechanics on his jumper. Starts it low, kinda swings it up, and winds up shooting from basically right in front of his face on a lot of his perimeter jumpers. His handle also looks a little shaky at times. Those are things he can absolutely work on and I expect at the very least for his handle to be a lot stronger by the time he gets to college.

His athleticism is also only "good" and not great, unless he's made some pretty big leaps (no pun intended) over the last few months. But I'd happily take a good athlete with a strong skill set, instead of a great athlete with a marginal skill set.

http://.com/could-jordan-tucker-be-syracuses-next-great-wing/

Seems like G-mac is becoming our lead recruiter. He's been talking with a lot of big recruits.

Seems like G-mac is becoming our lead recruiter. He's been talking with a lot of big recruits.
I really like this move by the staff. I think they are setting G-Mac to be a star assistant in a few years. When Hop takes the reigns of the program he wont have as much time to recruit so Gerry moves into Hop's roll.

That is pretty strange. It seems a strange tweet for someone screwing with him. I have to wonder if he popped for SU and was told to wait. Just seems strange as cusetown1 said, of course there could be multiple explanations that make sense.

I really like his size as a shooter but I'm not yet sold on his handle being good enough to play the 2G at SU and his height/wingspan do not make him an ideal fit on the wing of the zone. I was a bit surprised to hear we were recruiting him the hardest recently. Perhaps our chances with PorterJr. are much better than most think.

The strangest part was how quickly he deleted it. It popped up on my feed, and then before I even had a chance to grab it and post it here, it was already gone. It was up for literally 15 seconds, tops. How the hell did he delete it so quickly if someone else had his phone?

The strangest part was how quickly he deleted it. It popped up on my feed, and then before I even had a chance to grab it and post it here, it was already gone. It was up for literally 15 seconds, tops. How the hell did he delete it so quickly if someone else had his phone?

Maybe he was doing it for some pub. I agree if someone else has your phone and tweets how to you find it, figure it out, delete it and tweet an explanation all in under a minute.

For what it's worth (which I think we all agree is absolutely nothing) 24seven has him 86% to us. Would be a nice get.

Maybe he was doing it for some pub. I agree if someone else has your phone and tweets how to you find it, figure it out, delete it and tweet an explanation all in under a minute.

For what it's worth, I could easily see some friend grabbing his phone, putting out the tweet, and waving it in front of his face just out of reach... Definitely has happened to me before--but more with texting some girl.

Anyhow, I need a bit more clarity. Let's say it was for real and he was told to wait. Is that an implication that SU doesn't actually want him because Porter Jr is real target right now? Or does that mean that we don't want other wings that we're recruiting to get scared off by his commitment?

If we can land Holloway, Neal and Tucker all in the next week, I'm fine with changing the name to US (University of Syracuse). It seems to resonate more with recruits. ;)

This is not going to win me any popularity contests but I have not been impressed with what I've seen from Tucker. He seems very one-dimensional and he never shoots the ball well whenever I've watched him play. He has an impressive list of suitors so they all must like his game.