Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Think Battle's gonna end up being better than Dion (at least in college) and I don't think we've had anyone that good/NBA ready since 2006/2007.
I agree with you, I see Battle as a 10+ year NBA starter.

That is why I am hopeful for next season, if we can bring in a solid PG.

This would be a great get. Not sure how much truth in the behavior issues, but I think the new interest should not be looked at as panic. Lydon leaving has create a void. He was going to end up at Indiana or Gtech, we are either stealing a recruit from our ACC competitor or taking advantage of coaching change, either one is an opportunity that I am glad the staff is going after. I think their is an over reaction to Q Green, we lost a recruit, the staff has to move on.

Love Dions game, but it is kind of crazy how much we blew him up here. Guy averaged liked 12 ppg.

This is a welcome development. Add Waters and JT and next season is in business. Young, but dripping with talent.

Love Dions game, but it is kind of crazy how much we blew him up here. Guy averaged liked 12 ppg.

Part of that was the team he was on. I think Joseph led the team in scoring at 13 ppg. That was one of our few teams that was very deep, and where the scoring and minutes were very spread out.

I think if Dion was on any of our last 3-4 teams he would've hardly ever came out of the games and would've averaged around 20 ppg.

Part of that was the team he was on. I think Joseph led the team in scoring at 13 ppg. That was one of our few teams that was very deep, and where the scoring and minutes were very spread out.

I think if Dion was on any of our last 3-4 teams he would've hardly ever came out of the games and would've averaged around 20 ppg.

You might be right. I remember him not playing well against OSU, so i thought he had a few clunkers in there.

Triche was our 3rd leading scorer at 9ppg. Crazy balance on that team. I long for that again.

Hmm. I haven't given it a ton of thought, but I'm not sure Dion even makes my top 5 of guys since 2006/7.

Edit: I've given it more thought. He's definitely in the 6-10 range for me. It's tough to compare because Dion left as a sophomore while some of these guys stuck around for a long time, but IMO, and not in order:

- Senior Rick Jackson
- Senior Rakeem Christmas
- Senior Mike Gbinije
- Sophomore MCW
- Wes Johnson
- Fab Melo (I think it was his sophomore year when he blew up?)

I think all those guys were better than Dion as a college player; I don't even think it's really debatable honestly.

Gbinije/Rak/Rick/Wes obviously had better careers at SU whether it been playing time/years of play.

However, I'd argue Dion Waiters had more ability/talent than all 6 of them. He has achieved a higher level of his potential than all 6. He was by far the more NBA ready talent and it showed as he was a lottery pick.

I look at Rak/Rick/G/Wes/Fab and think, wow incredible college/Syracuse stars.

I look at Dion and Tyus and think, these guys are going to be longtime NBA players and potentially stars.

So it's time to add talent (Tucker and others) around Tyus so we can give ourselves a chance not only to get back in the top 20 but chase another 'ship.

I have no idea whether Waters is a realistic option for us, but agree 100%.
How many more scholarships do we have? Three?

Waters, Juice Man, Marek Eurodude.

We could make a rotation work with that.

How many more scholarships do we have? Three?

Waters, Juice Man, Marek Eurodude.

We could make a rotation work with that.
Yep, and that would fill the possible voids. Then again, I thought the same when we added White last year. But, I would feel better about the roster if we added the three you mention. Waters is a straight up PG with a good outside shot. Tucker is a 3/2 with a great outside shot, so he could maybe start at the 3 and back up the 2 (although Tyus will probably be playing mega minutes there). Euro dude, maybe he is the starter at the 3, he brings a little more size. With those three, there is great versatility and every position would then have multiple options.

Boeheim is on the road. I'm giddy

He needed to be and I am pretty sure he knows it. Its crunch time or whatever cliché you want to use, JB knows the biggest asset he has is himself. Its one thing if Gmac or Red come strolling into a gym or a highschool but when JB himself does people notice and the message is clear.

Honestly, if Tucker comes and we are able to swing the Ayala recruitment, I'll feel 100x better about next year's team. Especially if Howard can be better without looking over his shoulder, which I think he might.

We have seen kids before have terrible seasons, only to light it up the next year. Look at Allen Griffin's junior year. He got "Boeheim'd", but he still came back and had a great senior year.

People tend to forget that for as good as MCW was, and he was legitimately very good, he averaged 3.5 turnovers a game and shot under 30% from 3. Frank, if he stops the stupid crap and plays within himself, can put up those numbers if surrounded by some good players.

Yep, and that would fill the possible voids. Then again, I thought the same when we added White last year. But, I would feel better about the roster if we added the three you mention. Waters is a straight up PG with a good outside shot. Tucker is a 3/2 with a great outside shot, so he could maybe start at the 3 and back up the 2 (although Tyus will probably be playing mega minutes there). Euro dude, maybe he is the starter at the 3, he brings a little more size. With those three, there is great versatility and every position would then have multiple options.
I forgot about Ayala.

I amend my post, since I don't think Waters will actually happen.

Ayala, Juice Man, Marek Eurodude.

giddy up

In 24 minutes per game. At 40 mpg, he would be projected to average 21.

I forgot about Ayala.

giddy up
That would make us pretty legit next year on paper.

Ayala-Howard-Washington
Battle-Howard
Tucker-Euro
Brissett-Moyer (or vice versa)
Thompson-Chukwu-Sidibe

At least that's how I'd roll with that roster.

Honestly, if Tucker comes and we are able to swing the Ayala recruitment, I'll feel 100x better about next year's team. Especially if Howard can be better without looking over his shoulder, which I think he might.

We have seen kids before have terrible seasons, only to light it up the next year. Look at Allen Griffin's junior year. He got "Boeheim'd", but he still came back and had a great senior year.

People tend to forget that for as good as MCW was, and he was legitimately very good, he averaged 3.5 turnovers a game and shot under 30% from 3. Frank, if he stops the stupid crap and plays within himself, can put up those numbers if surrounded by some good players.

Allen wasn't all that effective playing the two as a Sophomore, but that's because he was a pure PG that was better with the ball in his hands than playing off the ball.

I don't think he was bad as a Junior, he just had limited chances as we didn't need him at SG anymore and we still had Hart at PG. I thought he played well that season when he got the chance to play.

I forgot about Ayala.

giddy up

Absolutely need to add either Waters or Ayala. Would prefer it to be Waters because he's a pure point, but maybe they can sign both [meaning that euro dude would be out].

One of those guards and Tucker, and suddenly our lineup comes together. Would be a nice infusion of talent.

Gbinije/Rak/Rick/Wes obviously had better careers at SU whether it been playing time/years of play.

However, I'd argue Dion Waiters had more ability/talent than all 6 of them. He has achieved a higher level of his potential than all 6. He was by far the more NBA ready talent and it showed as he was a lottery pick.

I look at Rak/Rick/G/Wes/Fab and think, wow incredible college/Syracuse stars.

I look at Dion and Tyus and think, these guys are going to be longtime NBA players and potentially stars.

So it's time to add talent (Tucker and others) around Tyus so we can give ourselves a chance not only to get back in the top 20 but chase another 'ship.

I don't deny that Dion was a special talent. But I think we've had plenty of better college players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom