Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Do we have a realistic shot at tucker?
Kid doesn't have a ton of great options. Georgia Tech, eh. Oregon isn't bad I guess. Is Nova really recruiting him anymore? Even if all of those teams are in the running, I think we definitely have a shot.

I know Tucker plays SF but is there any chance he could play or at least see time at SG in our system, similar to Gbinije? Watching film, they seem like similar players to me, with G being a bit more athletic/explosive off the bounce. Just wondering if he & Hameir could potentially co-exist on the court down the road. Tucker's game actually most reminds me of D-Nich as far a former SU players. Smooth stroke.

I don't see him as a great 2 prospect. Much more of a 3 who could back up the 2. Wright seems like a 4 with a lot of 3 skills.

I think they would be compatible playing alongside each other.

Freakingg love it

Well, let's see him close a couple like this before we start drooling all over ourselves. It's pretty late in the game.

Chukwu's D was terrible against garbage teams this year, so saying we need his defense is a bit presumptuous. He needs to show he can actually protect the paint before we consider him a plus defender.

I didn't think his footwork would be so bad. He was very awkward out there.

I have no idea what advanced rim protection stats would say about Chukwu, but averaging over 5 blocks per 40 minutes is simply insane. There's certainly enough flashes there to have hope for him defensively. It definitely was a mixed bag at times though.
He is tall, so those happen by accident.
How many fouls does he average for 40 minutes? 10-12 is my guess.
If 6 of those are shooting fouls, that's 12 points.
He can't hold his position rebounding. No leg strength, so he just gets uprooted and pushed out of the way.
He has no offense so it's 4 on 5
He can't run.

He is tall, so those happen by accident.
How many fouls does he average for 40 minutes? 10-12 is my guess.
If 6 of those are shooting fouls, that's 12 points.
He can't hold his position rebounding. No leg strength, so he just gets uprooted and pushed out of the way.
He has no offense so it's 4 on 5
He can't run.
Again, this thread is about Jordan Tucker, not Paschal Chukwu. It is fine to talk about him but not in this thread.

Ok, so what needs to happen to lock things down with Juice Man? There's butt loads of PT to be had. We need shooting. How do we get this match made?

Man, it goes without saying but this would be huge. Tell him he starts right away at the 3 for all I care. Him in the front court with Moyer/TT/PC works for me. Throw in a PG, or combo from wherever, and we at least have a team. Plus we need to start getting younger talent that can develop. Washington, TT, Moyer, and Tucker would be nice to go into the year after this with more experience. If we can pull in some studs in 2018 then we could have a nice mesh of talent, and experience.

I left out Brissett, and Sidibe on accident. Love their potential too. Six guys that could be the future of our program. Then hopefully we can find some more guards, and shooters. The 4/5 spot looks pretty damn good. Sky is not falling. This will be fun to see how things play out. Just need a few dominoes to fall our way.

Somebody get Mariano Rivera up in the Bullepn. As we are going to have a save opportunity when this kid comes up for a visit.
We need to close this kid as with our current roster I think we are the odds on favorite after the JB visit down in GA.

JB and Hop are just killin' it. It truly is awesome. It does make one wonder if JB will ever get to the point where he is willing to step aside and let Hop take the reins. With his recruiting acumen at it's seeming apex wouldn't the temptation be to want to keep coming back to coach these remarkable kids they are lining up to wear Orange in the coming years?

It also seems reasonable to assume that the top kids would inquire as to whether JB will still be coaching the team upon their arrival and throughout their stay at Cuse. Would it not be safe to assume that the continued pipeline of top level talent is indicative of JB's intention to hang around for quite a few more? And there is that pursuit of that 2nd Chip. I recall some people being of the school of thought that he would stay on through the next Olympics and then perhaps step aside. I think that it's great that he is still going strong but I think that Hop will be very successful when he does finally take the helm.
Wow back in time but dead on

The Juice Man is a Bad Boy, but I still want to see him back in NY and wearing orange!
When I think of P. Diddy, the term "work ethic" immediately comes to mind. I mean, this is the guy who made "Da Band" walk 12 miles over the Manhattan Bridge to get him a Juniors cheesecake just to earn the right to record in his studio. Btw, word is Tucker released a new top 5.....

IMG_0827.GIF

We really need this kid. It would change everything for us. He could start right away at the 3 and if we got Ayala we would have some flexibility. We are set at the 4 and 5. I feel like Brissett and/or Moyer could spell Tucker for a period of time at the 3. Then we would have our Ayala/Battle/Howard rotating the guard spots. We could then go multiple directions with a 5th year guy or Wright for the final spot.

We really need this kid. It would change everything for us. He could start right away at the 3 and if we got Ayala we would have some flexibility. We are set at the 4 and 5. I feel like Brissett and/or Moyer could spell Tucker for a period of time at the 3. Then we would have our Ayala/Battle/Howard rotating the guard spots. We could then go multiple directions with a 5th year guy or Wright for the final spot.

I'll feel much more comfortable having a legit SF coming in. I agree Brissett and Moyer at the SF for short stretches should be fine but its Tuckers natural position.

I'll feel much more comfortable having a legit SF coming in. I agree Brissett and Moyer at the SF for short stretches should be fine but its Tuckers natural position.
It fills one of our two biggest holes, too. And also gives us a 2nd outside shooter. Adding Tucker would be HUGE for 2017-2018.

Then if we can add another scoring guard that can shoot from the 5th year market and hopefully Ayala, that'd make for a great next couple of months.

While many salivated over QG and others, for some reason this kid drew my attention more than anyone else. I kinda had a prophecy he was feeling some Nova love, but with the spectre of Hop taking the wheel now in the rearview mirror, I think Cuse's balloon is filled with a lot more hot air. I also dont deny I want him so that I can release a new Shaft parody, as his name seems perfect for it, IMO. Seeing that Boeheim made the trip might be the most inspiration I've gotten from the cranky bugger all season. Hopefully Tucker reads the board and realizes the significance of a JB visit. If Lydon leaving lands legit Lothario, I'm liking.