Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can this kid board and cover ground on D? Legit question. Not worried about his offense at the moment.
I'm gonna guess he's not going to be very good in either of those areas as a freshman, but that is more because few are.

Screenshot_20220604-104942_Instagram.jpg

Proud Mama.
Just hope everyone has patience with this team. If they make it to the tournament that's good enough.
Wondering whether JB has the patience to let the youngsters play through their mistakes?
Probably not and if not he should've left.
There will be growing pains but the youngsters have room to grow.

Just hope everyone has patience with this team. If they make it to the tournament that's good enough.
Wondering whether JB has the patience to let the youngsters play through their mistakes?
Probably not and if not he should've left.
There will be growing pains but the youngsters have room to grow.

He doesn’t have a lot of choices but to let them play through mistakes. Who else is gonna play? JBA 40 mins?

Another video from that workout with Kihei Clark. The move Justin did is just beautiful!

I'm often sceptical of these workout videos... It's hard to tell how the moves would work on an actual defender. In this case, Taylor just juked Kihei Clark, a 5' 10" senior point guard from Virginia, known as a good defender.

Even if Clark ate his lunch every other play, we know this move and others like it are Taylor's ceiling... Buddy couldn't do this off the dribble today, much less five years ago. Most players couldn't.

I'm often sceptical of these workout videos... It's hard to tell how the moves would work on an actual defender. In this case, Taylor just juked Kihei Clark, a 5' 10" senior point guard from Virginia, known as a good defender.

Even if Clark ate his lunch every other play, we know this move and others like it are Taylor's ceiling... Buddy couldn't do this off the dribble today, much less five years ago. Most players couldn't.

Buddy used a different strategy. You position yourself to shoot where the defenders hand isn't on a contest. He would rise and fire out of the reach of a guy like Clark. It's definitely a good move for sure. When he uses it to penetrate and force a second defender to him that is when it's going a step beyond what Buddy does.

Now I don't think this has to be about Buddy vs JT. Clark being 7 or 8 inches smaller isn't getting in JTs sight line even on a jump shot so he gambles here vs a bigger player. It's pretty common being a shorter guard at any level. If he doesn't gamble he stays in front but it's a clean look more than likely if JT doesn't over show the ball before setting his feet for a shot. Not an uncommon move and glad JT has it to use vs a smaller player.

If JT is zero threat to shoot it he isn't getting around Clark as Clark isn't gambling.

JT is an interesting player. I'm very curious to see his game at this level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors