Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because we are adults who are not part of the cancel culture and are literate enough to understand that STAB is actual ST AB, which is his school.

i thought we were canceling Buddy for his rebounding?

We all really just gonna ignore that his jersey says "Stab" on it.
decent album in the bluegrass horrorbilly genre
2020-08-03_16-14-24.jpg

This kid was literally made in a lab to go to Virginia and that system. That being said, this kid would be at the top of my board if he is really interested in us. This kid is the real deal and will be playing in the pros someday with his shot.
I don’t know about that. Sure Virginia has had great shooters in recent years. But UVA plays such slow, boring and rigid basketball. I think it’s not a very appealing system for a lot of kids, though they do win a lot. Most kids want to play fast and in a system that gives them freedom on offense. And while we haven’t played really fast in a a few years (because of personnel), we have a long and storied history of fast break basketball with lots of freedom. I also think Dior is a huge draw for any recruit. You want to play with a great PG and he is the best in that class.

Last edited:
Literally in UVA’s backyard but would be a great get
Backyard? St. Anne's-Belfield School is practically in Virginia's living room. It is less than a mile from the JPJ, which means it is closer to that facility than are the dorms. Also, the children of some of the staff members attend STAB. I believe Coach Williford's son plays on their team, but don't quote me on that. Chris Long attended STAB. Presumably, Taylor and Virginia's staff are all quite familiar with one another. That said, Virginia has not extended any offers to any members of the high school class of 2022. Part of that has to do with the fact that there are no commitments for 2021 yet. Part of it is probably due to the fact that Coach Bennett doesn't extend offers to prospects he hasn't seen play in person (but, it is very, very likely that everyone on the staff has seen Taylor play multiple times). I imagine Virginia will not be extending any offers to 2022 recruits until it is better known what the roster needs will be.

I don’t know about that. Sure Virginia has had great shooters in recent years. But UVA plays such slow, boring and rigid basketball. I think it’s not a very appealing system for a lot of kids, though they do win a lot. Most kids want to play fast and in a system that gives them freedom on offense.

On the other hand, Coach Bennett is putting perimeter players into the NBA. Most of the starters since 2014 are playing in the NBA now. Joe Harris is doing very well in Brooklyn, and the Nets just picked up Justin Anderson. Malcolm Brogdon was a ROY, and is doing nicely in Indiana. Devon Hall is on the Thunder roster. Hunter, Guy, and Jerome all found playing time in the NBA this year. Even London Perrantes received some minutes with Cleveland in 2018, and he wasn't the most likely of NBA prospects. It can argued whether Virginia's style is boring or not. It's pretty much a matter of opinion, and yours is as good as anyone's. However, Virginia does offer an interesting path to the League.

Last edited:
Yes please!

Looks like a Buddy clone in that video. Actually there are far more impressive videos of Buddy working out over this summer floating around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom