Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few highlights of Dior earlier today against JT/Team Takeover...

Team Takeover finally won. Justin did a nice job and came up huge at the end. He finished with 13 pts, 6 rebs and 2 asts. Was 6-6 from the FT line and made his first 3 of the tournament at a key time. Down 3, Jason made a big 3 to tie it. Later with the score still tied he drove to the basket and got fouled and proceeded to make both FTs to put them up 2. Later, still up 2 with 2 secs to play Justin takes a sideline inbounds with a big guy in his face. He had the sense to throw it the other side of half court so even if they stole it they wouldn’t have time to do much with it. Completed the pass and guy got fouled and made them.

Team Takeover finally won. Justin did a nice job and came up huge at the end. He finished with 13 pts, 6 rebs and 2 asts. Was 6-6 from the FT line and made his first 3 of the tournament at a key time. Down 3, Jason made a big 3 to tie it. Later with the score still tied he drove to the basket and got fouled and proceeded to make both FTs to put them up 2. Later, still up 2 with 2 secs to play Justin takes a sideline inbounds with a big guy in his face. He had the sense to throw it the other side of half court so even if they stole it they wouldn’t have time to do much with it. Completed the pass and guy got fouled and made them.
I could be wrong but isn’t Team Takeover usually one of the better programs in years past?

I could be wrong but isn’t Team Takeover usually one of the better programs in years past?

I honestly don’t know but I think you’re right because it’s a name I hear often.

I know everyone is always pumped up for the next recruit but I’m so excited we got this kid. I can see why he was so sought after.
The comparisons to Buddy are lazy. Obviously Taylor isn’t the shooter Buddy is, but that’s to be expected given that Buddy is one of the best shooters in the country. But JT is so much more athletic than Buddy, has a better handle and will likely be a better defender due to his speed and quickness. He also will be a better rebounder (he has to be) who likely can play one of the back wings of the zone and not hurt you.
I also think given how hard he goes to the basket he will score in transition. If we land Quadir or JJ I can see JT being the beneficiary of a number of easy fast break hoops. If I were a pg I’d love the opportunity to play with JT and Lands.
He wants to go to the hole. He’s tough. This is a guy to be pumped up about and the guy we have been missing out on. Great sign for our program to be getting this quality of player.

JT finishes Pool Play at Peach Jam averaging 9.9 PPG (40%FG/64%FT/6%3P), 6.0 RPG, 2.0 APG (2.0 TOPG), 0.7 SPG, 0.4 BPG over 7 games.

That 6% shooting from three is not a typo. He is currently 1 for 17. This is not the usual Team Takeover squad that is strong and deep, so JT doesn't have a lot of help.

JT finishes Pool Play at Peach Jam averaging 9.9 PPG (40%FG/64%FT/6%3P), 6.0 RPG, 2.0 APG (2.0 TOPG), 0.7 SPG, 0.4 BPG over 7 games.

That 6% shooting from three is not a typo. He is currently 1 for 17. This is not the usual Team Takeover squad that is strong and deep, so JT doesn't have a lot of help.
I once went 0- 47 at bat and then hit .385 the rest of the year. But on the other hand Brycen and Jalen went...real bad

Given he’s 1-17 from 3, his 40% overall from the field is quite solid.

Coulda sworn his highlights showed him hitting more than 1 from 3pt land, but maybe those other makes were all “Battles” -
Tyus had a gift for only hitting long jumpers when his big toe was on the line.
aka - “Worlds Longest Twos”

Coulda sworn his highlights showed him hitting more than 1 from 3pt land, but maybe those other makes were all “Battles” -
If he took 100 shots total then his 2 pointers would have been 39 for 83 or 47%. If he took 50 shots total then he would have been 19 for 33 or 58% on twos. He will be fine.

It's pretty clear Justin is very comfortable using the bounce and his size/physicality to generate offense when he is crowded. To me he is like a second or third year Cooney in that aspect but with a forwards size.

He has a decent looking shot but it could use some work for consistency. The fact he comes in knowing how to deal with being faceguarded and hard closeouts is a huge plus. Get him working with Gerry and tidying up a few things and lookout. Really like this kid. Great get.

I am not worried about this kid at all. He is built to play right out of the gate. He scores at all three levels and he has good vision as a passer. He is smart. If something isn't working, he will pull something else out of the bag. We have another season before the class of 2022 hits the court at the Dome, and it will be a great one, but so excited to see this class at Syracuse.

I once went 0- 47 at bat and then hit .385 the rest of the year. But on the other hand Brycen and Jalen went...real bad
What did you end up batting for the season .220ish?

Justin again struggled with his jump shot this morning but had a very good all around game. 10 points, 6 boards, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block. He’s a complete player, just like Lands. Two versatile athletic wing scorers coming in together.

Weird times at Taylor’s game that just “ended”. They stopped the game with 2.4 secs left and TT up by 4. They then proceeded to clear the gym of all fans. There’s no announcers so you couldn’t tell what was going on but you could hear someone yelling at people who were slow footing it. The game was getting a little testy with fans upset about stuff. Weird.

As to the game, Taylor won and he did pretty well. He couldn’t hit a jumper in the 1st half although I thought each were going in. Second half he just decided to take it to the rack and he was abusing people and made 5 of his last 7 shots. Ended up with 12 pts, 5 rebs, 5 asts.

Weird times at Taylor’s game that just “ended”. They stopped the game with 2.4 secs left and TT up by 4. They then proceeded to clear the gym of all fans. There’s no announcers so you couldn’t tell what was going on but you could hear someone yelling at people who were slow footing it. The game was getting a little testy with fans upset about stuff. Weird.

As to the game, Taylor won and he did pretty well. He couldn’t hit a jumper in the 1st half although I though each were going in. Second half he just decided to take it to the rake and he was abusing people and made 5 of his last 7 shots. Ended up with 12 pts, 5 rebs, 5 asts.

At this point maybe they should just call the rest of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom