Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird times at Taylor’s game that just “ended”. They stopped the game with 2.4 secs left and TT up by 4. They then proceeded to clear the gym of all fans. There’s no announcers so you couldn’t tell what was going on but you could hear someone yelling at people who were slow footing it. The game was getting a little testy with fans upset about stuff. Weird.

As to the game, Taylor won and he did pretty well. He couldn’t hit a jumper in the 1st half although I thought each were going in. Second half he just decided to take it to the rack and he was abusing people and made 5 of his last 7 shots. Ended up with 12 pts, 5 rebs, 5 asts.

hmm. The 16 year old game on that court after Taylor’s game was moved to another facility.

hmm. The 16 year old game on that court after Taylor’s game was moved to another facility.

first time I’ve seen teams wear masks while warming up. Wonder if Taylor’s game was cleared out cause test results came back and players on those two teams had positives. Who knows.

Taylor didn’t score in his game this morning. His whole team save one player shot poorly. The Dug kid was 1-11. I think a lot of these kids are just worn down. They’ve now played 11 games in 11 days plus all the covid protocols and testing.

And they all play a second game this afternoon making 12 games in 11 days. The teams that make the finals Sunday will have played 15 games in 13 days. Brutal.

Taylor didn’t score in his game this morning. His whole team save one player shot poorly. The Dug kid was 1-11. I think a lot of these kids are just worn down. They’ve now played 11 games in 11 days plus all the covid protocols and testing.

And they all play a second game this afternoon making 12 games in 11 days. The teams that make the finals Sunday will have played 15 games in 13 days. Brutal.

Yeah it's just overkill at this point. Not much to take away after the first week of pool play

But, we were told that they are young kids and they can play all day every day, and don’t need any rest.

His shooting numbers are a memory he shouldn’t ever forget.

3/4 of the tournament wants to forget their shooting numbers to be fair. He was far from the only one. It was downright odd.

Love this so much...
Screenshot_20210815-181947_Instagram.jpg

"I think with the uncertainty of my hometown high school having a season with COVID coming back into play, I couldn't risk not having a season again," Taylor told AllSyracuse.com. "The schedule, the competition and everything IMG offers as well is what I"m looking forward to.

"Quadir and I can't wait to starting playing together and build this chemistry before we even get to Cuse."

Last edited:
Oh man -- not only is that great in terms of accelerating Taylor's learning curve, given the schedule IMG plays, but this will undoubtedly also enhance the on-court chemistry between he and Copeland, who is also at IMG.

Terrific news, all the way around.

My prediction is Taylor will look better than ever even against the better competition because he will finally get to be a supporting piece on a good team (like he will be in college) rather than the main guy defenses throw everything at.

Give Taylor open shots and he will hit them. On both his high school and AAU team he never had that luxury because was their best player.

Oh man -- not only is that great in terms of accelerating Taylor's learning curve, given the schedule IMG plays, but this will undoubtedly also enhance the on-court chemistry between he and Copeland, who is also at IMG.

Terrific news, all the way around.
Not to mention the impact it will have on his physical development working out in their facilities

"I think with the uncertainty of my hometown high school having a season with COVID coming back into play, I couldn't risk not having a season again," Taylor told AllSyracuse.com. "The schedule, the competition and everything IMG offers as well is what I"m looking forward to.

"Quadir and I can't wait to starting playing together and build this chemistry before we even get to Cuse."
File this under “that you love to see, things”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors