Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
JT in Cuseland??!!

B6D90FD2-66F2-4404-9F8E-42F595B18100.jpeg

JT in Cuseland??!!

View attachment 207993

Yes - he and Quadir are doing their Sr year OV’s to Cuse this weekend.

Why not? It’s a free trip, and they’ll now get to see campus full of students, go to a football game, hang out w their future teammates & coaches in person.

Who says no to that?

I think JT is being slept on a little by the analysts because he didn't shoot well from outside at Peach Jam. But if you recall when we first got involved we were all amazed at his athleticism, ability to go to the hole and his outside shot. If you don't recall go look at his pre Peach Jam highlights (start with the first page of this thread).

I'm so high on this kid. The Buddy comparisons are lazy, as has been noted Buddy is a All American type shooter, Justin is not. Few are. But this kid has athleticism that Buddy, despite his work ethic, will never be able to match. He also is all in on Cuse and likely will be a team builder given his past with Brown and his present with Copeland.

So when people talk about recruits going up in rankings my guess is you will see JT's improve, not that rankings really matter. I also think watching the tape that while in this era of positionless basketball labels are not as important, we may be better off with Bunch at the 2 and Taylor at the 3.

I think JT is being slept on a little by the analysts because he didn't shoot well from outside at Peach Jam. But if you recall when we first got involved we were all amazed at his athleticism, ability to go to the hole and his outside shot. If you don't recall go look at his pre Peach Jam highlights (start with the first page of this thread).

I'm so high on this kid. The Buddy comparisons are lazy, as has been noted Buddy is a All American type shooter, Justin is not. Few are. But this kid has athleticism that Buddy, despite his work ethic, will never be able to match. He also is all in on Cuse and likely will be a team builder given his past with Brown and his present with Copeland.

So when people talk about recruits going up in rankings my guess is you will see JT's improve, not that rankings really matter. I also think watching the tape that while in this era of positionless basketball labels are not as important, we may be better off with Bunch at the 2 and Taylor at the 3.
I agree with all of this. But the coaches think Justin is one of the best shooters in the class, but also has a good driving game.

It looks like Justin is using a hand gesture one of my friends says is a gypsy curse that makes a chicken bone appear in the back pocket of the person being cursed.

If JT already knows the chicken bone curse, he is ready for college today.
They used to teach that at Pete Newell's big man camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom