Class of 2019 - SG/SF Lester Quinones (NJ/IMG) to Memphis | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG/SF Lester Quinones (NJ/IMG) to Memphis

iommi

Living Legend
Teammate of Precious Achiuwa at St. Benedict's. I've seen him listed at 6'4"-6'6". He's been lighting it up from outside this year, with several prolific scoring performances. In the gym range. I guess I could see us offering him. Heck, maybe we do today when we are in to see Precious but that is pure speculation. There is interest. St John's offered him, hoping to land him and Precious.

Quinones transferred to St. Benedict's from Upper Room Christian School. What I'm impressed about is Quinones and Achiuwa are having monster years without a true point guard.

Kind of reminds me of Jordan Tucker, as far as his skill set.

Absolutely. He's emerged this season so it's not surprising he's just coming on the SU radar.
Hopefully between Whitney, Battle, Guerrier (sp?) and Quinones, we land at least one and hopefully two, provided one of them can play the 3.

Hopefully between Whitney, Battle, Guerrier (sp?) and Quinones, we land at least one and hopefully two, provided one of them can play the 3.

Battle situation is odd, with him back at Trenton Catholic. That's all I'll say.

Quinones is listed at 6'6". I don't think he's that tall.

I think in that list, we are prioritizing Whitney.

Iommi -- who would you prefer for the class of 2018 -- Quinones, Whitney, or Tucker as a transfer [not suggesting we'll land him]?

Iommi -- who would you prefer for the class of 2018 -- Quinones, Whitney, or Tucker as a transfer [not suggesting we'll land him]?

Tucker is not even a remote possibility (not saying you think he is), so I'm leaving him out. Plus, I wouldn't want him after what went down with his recruitment and the other immaturity issues.

Quinones and Whitney are very different players. To me, Quinones' skill set is duplication with Buddy's. It does depend on roster composition too but with Buddy here, unless Quinones is really 6'6" and can play the 3 (and I don't think he is), I'd go Whitney. To me, we really need a 3, not a 2. Haven't offered Quinones either. Can never have too many shooters and Quinones can really shoot. I like him a lot to be clear.

Tucker is not even a remote possibility (not saying you think he is), so I'm leaving him out. Plus, I wouldn't want him after what went down with his recruitment and the other immaturity issues.

Quinones and Whitney are very different players. To me, Quinones' skill set is duplication with Buddy's. It does depend on roster composition too but with Buddy here, unless Quinones is really 6'6" and can play the 3 (and I don't think he is), I'd go Whitney. To me, we really need a 3, not a 2. Haven't offered Quinones either. Can never have too many shooters and Quinones can really shoot. I like him a lot to be clear.
Always really appreciate your first - hand perspectives, V. You are a tremendously valuable and insightful resource to the forum.

Thanks for the detailed response, and happy new year!

Always really appreciate your first - hand perspectives, V. You are a tremendously valuable and insightful resource to the forum.

Thanks for the detailed response, and happy new year!

Appreciate that. And same to you and yours.

No offer from SU today but we did meet with him.
Hey Vince, missed this post, and was glad to hear cuse was back to visit Precious last week as well. I know this isn't the thread for him, but any more chance of a visit to campus by Lester and Precious in the next few months?

Hey Vince, missed this post, and was glad to hear cuse was back to visit Precious last week as well. I know this isn't the thread for him, but any more chance of a visit to campus by Lester and Precious in the next few months?

I don't know. Lester doesn't have an offer, so that would come before any visit. They're really into the teeth of their season now. Precious is in no rush; not sure what Lester's timetable is or how heavily we will get involved. We are just talking to him and keeping tabs at this point but that might change soon.

Last edited:
Has the staff made contact with Lester or family? Haven't heard boo about him

No offer from SU today but we did meet with him.
Which bigs have we offered and who is our lead recriter on each kid?

I agree with Francis, the staff needs to start taking the approach of offering everyone who can help the team. This targeted recruiting is not effective, particularly with the sanctions. Cast a wide net of offers and take the best players who want to be Orange.

Battle situation is odd, with him back at Trenton Catholic. That's all I'll say.

Quinones is listed at 6'6". I don't think he's that tall.

I think in that list, we are prioritizing Whitney.
Yeah haven't heard much about him lately at all. Did he fall off our radar.

How involved is JB now that Hop is gone? It seems like Gmac is the only one on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom