Class of 2019 - SG/SF Lester Quinones (NJ/IMG) to Memphis | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG/SF Lester Quinones (NJ/IMG) to Memphis

Ditto. We have PLENTY of room to take this kid.

Bring him in, and let the rest sort itself out.
He is better than JG3 as both a player and for our system. I've been hoping JG3 would make a decision before school started and would not pick us. As this drags on it just bothers me more.

He is better than JG3 as both a player and for our system. I've been hoping JG3 would make a decision before school started and would not pick us. As this drags on it just bothers me more.
i don't know that your assumption - jgiii declines and so we get quinones - is correct

in fact, i think if lester is in any way a backup plan, he's more likely the backup to guerrier, not girard

i don't know that your assumption - jgiii declines and so we get quinones - is correct

in fact, i think if lester is in any way a backup plan, he's more likely the backup to guerrier, not girard
Agree about Guerrier -- I have to imagine that the staff would be all over LQ if we strike out with Guerrier.

Agree about Guerrier -- I have to imagine that the staff would be all over LQ if we strike out with Guerrier.

I think Lester Q probably has more flexibility to play the 3 if we go small ball but not an ideal 3. Personally, I think he’s Plan B for Girard though I wish he was Plan A. Guerrier I think was/is Plan C to Precious and Whitney. A Plan C though that is almost as good as those two. That’s just my opinion but I doubt anybody here knows the pecking order or preferences from the staff.

To be honest I hadn't really thought about that as much. I was thinking of Lester as being in our guard rotation and was thinking Guerrier plays the 3 for us. You very well could be right. I honestly don't see how Girard fits in. I mean we have Carey and Goodine with Buddy and HW if he stays. Even if HW leaves I can't see JG3 as a sit on the bench guy. Maybe I'm wrong but if he is primarly going to be a shooter. Buddy can shoot better and is 5 inches taller.

This was another odd recruitment that still isn't over. Sounds like he is down to Memphis, Maryland, Indiana, and LSU... and leaning towards Memphis or Indiana.
We showed interest early on but never offered. Probably better that way. Quincy Guerrier is a much better get in my opinion anyway.

I like Lester's game a lot and thought he was one of the more underrated kids in the class at one point. Memphis is going to be good

I hope the gamblers got on those Memphis futures a few weeks ago who saw this coming

Penny is spending dollars.
It’s laughably obvious. The guy has a grand total of one year of college coaching experience—and a fine (if not legendary) NBA playing career. There’s no doubt in my mind he’s cheating—doing exactly what Sean Miller and Will Wade did. And on top of it he’s arrogant as all get-out. See his mid season comments about other coaches. The new Calipari is on the rise. I hope he goes down in flames.

I like Lester's game a lot and thought he was one of the more underrated kids in the class at one point. Memphis is going to be good
Let’s not praise this behavior and act like he’s some glorious recruiting guru who so miraculously “connects” with kids. They fired Tubby because Tubby wouldn’t get dirty like Memphis boosters wanted him to. And they went out and got Penny because he will cheat. The brazen paying of players is breathtaking.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom