Class of 2018 - SG Tyler Bertram (Cooperstown / VT) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Tyler Bertram (Cooperstown / VT)

I respect your opinion but disagree with it. If averaging 50 was easy, how come no one else has done it. If Bertram is better than Girard, how come his best offer is Iona. Obviously this book is not closed but we can revisit it in five years. And hopefully, Buddy is better than the other two.

How come? I’m not sure, but my brother made a good point. This kid went to the same high school as Jimmer so they don’t want to miss out. Buddy and Bertram were two of the best shooters in the Nepsac so they have that going for them. I expect Bertram to get better offers now that he switched from the UA to Nike circuit this summer. I’m not saying Girard isn’t good, just that his ceiling is lower. All three averaged about the same ppg in high school last year. I do know that.

How come? I’m not sure, but my brother made a good point. This kid went to the same high school as Jimmer so they don’t want to miss out. Buddy and Bertram were two of the best shooters in the Nepsac so they have that going for them. I expect Bertram to get better offers now that he switched from the UA to Nike circuit this summer. I’m not saying Girard isn’t good, just that his ceiling is lower. All three averaged about the same ppg in high school last year. I do know that.
Like I said, we will see in 5 years and hopefully Buddy is the best.

A lot of the P5s are keeping tabs on him..He'll start getting them after/during AAU this year

The AAU circuit this spring and summer will give us better insight into both players and their upside. We need to see how they play against higher level competition. (Though Vermont Academy is in the NEPSAC, so Bertram is already in a good high school league.)
Probably passing Lance(who was very highly rated) as all time leading scorer in NY history as a Junior(against not so great competition), seems to be playing a huge role here, but I agree...Don't think there is much of a gap between these two.

Do you think strength might be an issue with Tyler? I can't help but look at some of his photos and think this kid needs to hit the weight room. Granted that's the case for most freshmen.

The kid is a HS junior.

Scored 2 points on 1 for 7 from the floor (0-4 from downtown) in 21 minutes against the City Rocks.

Not sure what this kids ceiling is or if he's going to attract any big time offers but he seems like mid major type right now. Really needs to show out this summer

Not sure what this kids ceiling is or if he's going to attract any big time offers but he seems like mid major type right now. Really needs to show out this summer
How possible? This board graded him out as the next Andy Rautins...

Kid has a nice stroke. From last night...

He had 14 this morning and shot 4 for 6 from three.

Last edited:
Bertram's final 2 games (both blowout losses) in ATL...

Vs. Cards: 3 points (1-2 3pt), 1 assist

Vs. Woodz Elite: 12 points (4-4 3pt), 2 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 turnover

After watching him live now, Tyler is a better athlete than some have given him credit for. I could see a Rautins 'potential' there.

Bertram had 12 points on 4 for 10 shooting from downtown in his opening Hampton game Saturday morning.

He had 15 points (2-6 from three), 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 turnover last night vs Team Melo.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom