Shady is now a free agent... | Syracusefan.com

Shady is now a free agent...

Schiano either becomes an Patriots special assistant coach next year or becomes a player for Miami(FL) if Al Golden goes from Miami to Penn State. The Nittany Lions aren't stupid enough to hire Schiano.

I wonder how many of his guys will stick together with him. Will be telling how it is to work for him if the entire rutgers staff he took to Tampa ends up leaving him when he takes a college gig

Unless he gets a head coach or coordinator position pronto, they'll all be in Indy in 2 weeks looking out for themselves.

Lets see what moron AD makes a run at the world's best snake oil salesman. The hype behind this guy absolutely befuddles me. Even after his "big Year" in '06, what exactly did he parlay that into at Rutgers? Truly baffling.

In any event, the way we've diversified our recruiting into Florida, Midwest etc, I don't think him coming back to either Rutgers or Penn State has much effect at all in what we're trying to do here. It may stop us from getting back into Jersey (if Shafer had eventual plans to do so), but unlike others, I believe we can win without having a major presence in the garden state.

Al Golden would be a better choice for PS than Shady and I do not seeing RU trying to get him back either.
Don't know any BCS teams that a HC returned to same school as HC when he left for another job.

Al Golden would be a better choice for PS than Shady and I do not seeing RU trying to get him back either.
Don't know any BCS teams that a HC returned to same school as HC when he left for another job.
That's fine. Golden to PSU, Schiano to Miami.

curious to see how this affects the OC, Mike Sullivan.

i had him pegged in as TCs replacement, provided he had success...and so far thats debatable, although glennon didnt look totally bad.

ideally, he goes to detroit with the new regime and shows some things with stafford & the boys there and comes in with a couple more notches on his belt.

A friend of mine is visiting from Maryland. I'm going out and having Several martini's and a Stripsteak to celebrate that all is right in the world again.

Al Golden would be a better choice for PS than Shady and I do not seeing RU trying to get him back either. Don't know any BCS teams that a HC returned to same school as HC when he left for another job.

Mike Riley left Oregon State for the Chargers in 1998 and came back in 2003. Bill Walsh had two stints at Stanford in the 70s and the 90s. Those are the only examples I can find that fit your criteria.

Ha Ha!
1124662-Cartoon-Of-A-Happy-Red-Haired-Lumberjack-Boy-Holding-An-Axe-Royalty-Free-Vector-Clipart.jpg

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 25s
The #Bucs have fired Greg Schiano and GM Mark Dominik, per team source

Now we find out if those Penn State connections in the media the last couple days were plants by Shady's agent, or were for real.

Shady@PedSt, how perfect lmao. He does realize they have to play real schedules in the B1G right?

Mike Riley left Oregon State for the Chargers in 1998 and came back in 2003. Bill Walsh had two stints at Stanford in the 70s and the 90s. Those are the only examples I can find that fit your criteria.
johnny majors at pitt is a pretty big one.

National Champion, then off to tennessee, then back to pitt.

johnny majors at pitt is a pretty big one.

National Champion, then off to tennessee, then back to pitt.

He bombed pretty badly in that return, didn't he?

I'm sure Norfolk St. and Howard are thrilled that he will soon be back in the college ranks looking to schedule them.

Shady@PedSt, how perfect lmao. He does realize they have to play real schedules in the B1G right?

Debatable. They generally schedule one P5 opponent each year which I'm sure he'd quickly replace with Norfolk St.

He bombed pretty badly in that return, didn't he?
yep.

and when he came back it was supposed to be greatest return since Lazarus.

For those scoring at home -

Schiano's NFL record is 11 and 21.

His college record is 68 and 67.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors