Shafer's emotional impact on the offense | Syracusefan.com

Shafer's emotional impact on the offense

SUinNYC

2nd String
Since Shafer took over as DC, I've always felt like our defense came out of the gate pumped up. Occasionally it would lead to silly penalties at the beginning of games, but I'll take that over lack of effort any day of the week.

Wondering if that energy will carry over to the offense now that he's on the sidelines for games...
We certainly saw plenty of games where our offense came out flat in the past 4 years.

Energy can be great for a defense, the mistakes that come along with it can oftentimes be made up for.. Offensively too much energy early on can lead to mistakes and an unbalanced gameplay. We do however need to find a way to start games stronger then we did this past year. Hopefully it is less of an energy deal and more of a preparedness type of thing. Either way I think you are on target, Shafer needs to make sure al 85 players are ready to go at kickoff.

with someone like shamarko leading the D we def had an emotional edge to our D. Intensity isn't a bad thing for the O, especially on the O line... Ryan was as even keel as they come, but wouldn't mind seeing our QB have a little bit of "swagger" to them.

Since Shafer took over as DC, I've always felt like our defense came out of the gate pumped up. Occasionally it would lead to silly penalties at the beginning of games, but I'll take that over lack of effort any day of the week.

Wondering if that energy will carry over to the offense now that he's on the sidelines for games...
We certainly saw plenty of games where our offense came out flat in the past 4 years.
Good point. I'm think Shafer's attitude will be picked up by the other coaches and conveyed properly to the players. I'm think ing that GMc will be a fire brander as well to get the O jacked. Once Drew gets here next month the interaction with the QB and receivers will begin in earnest.:p

Too much energy leads to roller coaster play on offense. One second your charging out the gates, the next if you turn the ball over you're rock bottom.

I'd like if our O was level header, had a plan and just performed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom