Shake Down The Thunder... | Syracusefan.com

Shake Down The Thunder...

"How will we ever beat Syracuse now?!"

e3f4751a093df23c71a9e345da2ae70a.jpg

very similar situation as to what happened at Bama with Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones. In fact those two faced felony charges that were later dropped. Of course both will be suiting up for their opener with USC.

Similar situation happened with our own Marcus Sales...glass houses fellas.

Similar situation happened with our own Marcus Sales...glass houses fellas.
True but we don't come off all high and mighty.

You guys are correct...although we did have a former player stab a few current ones. The point is not all payers out there are choir boys. Every program has some bad eggs, but they also have some damn solid characters.

I feel for these kids and hope this is a wake up call for them.

You guys are correct...although we did have a former player stab a few current ones. The point is not all payers out there are choir boys. Every program has some bad eggs, but they also have some damn solid characters.

I feel for these kids and hope this is a wake up call for them.
The current situation just points out the inconsistent levels of punishment between the schools. SU and Richt at UGA seemed to be more harsh when it comes to punishment than other programs. Look at prior situations at ND and a recent QB at FSU.

With more and more schools choosing to play high-profile season openers the chances of players receiving harsh penalties for summer indiscretions will likely approach nil. Anything short of murder or incarceration will go without any impact to playing time. Disgusting!

I always think in my head when this type of stuff happens..."If they weren't football players at a prestigious school, would we even know this happened or care?"

Mixed up world we live in today...

I always think in my head when this type of stuff happens..."If they weren't football players at a prestigious school, would we even know this happened or care?"

Mixed up world we live in today...
We likely wouldn't know, but the perpetrators would be kicked out of school and prosecuted.

We likely wouldn't know, but the perpetrators would be kicked out of school and prosecuted.

My thought was that they were neither college students or football players. Should have been more specific.

CIL said:
You guys are correct...although we did have a former player stab a few current ones. The point is not all payers out there are choir boys. Every program has some bad eggs, but they also have some damn solid characters. I feel for these kids and hope this is a wake up call for them.

I'm hopeful it's a wake up call and not upset that ND might be down a few players. Pretty sure we didn't get any cards from any Big East coaches during the year Sales was out.

The current situation just points out the inconsistent levels of punishment between the schools. SU and Richt at UGA seemed to be more harsh when it comes to punishment than other programs. Look at prior situations at ND and a recent QB at FSU.

With more and more schools choosing to play high-profile season openers the chances of players receiving harsh penalties for summer indiscretions will likely approach nil. Anything short of murder or incarceration will go without any impact to playing time. Disgusting!
Everett Golson and Jerian Grant say hello. Not many schools would suspend for the whole season their best basketball player and starting QB. Ishaq Williams says hello as well. Max Redfield and Jerry Tillery were suspended from last year's Fiesta Bowl. I think ND does a good job taking care of these type if issues as does SU.

Last edited: