Shaq is awesome: "And one more thing... | Syracusefan.com

Shaq is awesome: "And one more thing...

RF2044

Living Legend
...Georgetown SUCKS!!!"

The man knows how to work a crowd--I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger reaction from the Carrier Dome faithful when he busted that out.

I was wondering about that too - it seems like the crowd would explode (those that are there) but didn't hear any noticeable change after the "Georgetown Sucks." Maybe it just wasn't picked up well...

waaay too funny! lifting up cantor was amusing as well.
Is there any sporting event that gross and cantor wont let themselves step in the center of?

No young fan cares about Georgetown. They're just another W on the schedule for us. Pretty much like the rest of the basketball schools.

That's why there was no reaction.

I was wondering about that too - it seems like the crowd would explode (those that are there) but didn't hear any noticeable change after the "Georgetown Sucks." Maybe it just wasn't picked up well...

Talked to my dad who is at the game--he said that the reaction was pretty loud, probably just didn't pick up on TV.

Wow. Two seconds of juvenile pandering by a douchebag and he's "awesome?" The threshold must be mighty low...

Wow. Two seconds of juvenile pandering by a douchebag and he's "awesome?" The threshold must be mighty low...

More like a personable celebrity appealing to the fan interests of a team that we all ostensibly root for.

Sorry that it went over your head.

2011-11-12-dn-subasket9cjpg-ba771a3b058281a1.jpg

Talked to my dad who is at the game--he said that the reaction was pretty loud, probably just didn't pick up on TV.

Yep. It was one of the four or five loudest cheers of the night.

I really love the reply by the poster who whines that the Chancellor and Athletic Director were present on the court with Shaq. Real bright.

...Georgetown SUCKS!!!"

The man knows how to work a crowd--I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger reaction from the Carrier Dome faithful when he busted that out.

He didn't do it right-- no time stamp.

Shaq's words weren't appropriate for that public forum nor TV.

But no two words contain more truth!
So I give him a pass.

That clip should be played at halftime of every SU game .
Shaq should be made an Honorary Orange...although since he "graduated"
from the SU summer sportscasting class maybe he can be considered an alum.

I, too, expected to hear a lot more crowd reaction.
Sometimes the Dome seems to swallow sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom