Shark Tank | Syracusefan.com

Shark Tank

It’s so early for your business and you have no sales. I cannot possibly justify paying 100 thousand dollars for five percent. But I will make you an offer. You give me fifty percent of your business and I’ll pay you 25 thousand dollars worth of chipwiches and Three Wishes (tm) cereal.

Everyone wants a deal with Cuban

People make deals with Mr Wonderful when they have no other options.
And Cuban hardly makes any deals. Curious if Daymond would have any interest. Tough one to pitch because don't the players constantly change. And how would you get exclusive
rights. Good luck to them. Can't wait to watch.

And Cuban hardly makes any deals. Curious if Daymond would have any interest. Tough one to pitch because don't the players constantly change. And how would you get exclusive
rights. Good luck to them. Can't wait to watch.

This seems like it would be right up his alley. Not sure if he’ll be on that show though.

The deals that are a joke are the ones where they're like "I'll give you $200,000 as a loan for 30% equity."

Barbara Corcoran and Kevin Hart are 2 of the sharks tonight, it's the season finale.

Talking about being between a rock and a hard place. You don't turn down Mark Cuban. You need to find a way to make that partnership work. Out of spite Cuban could bury those kids and they won't know what hit them.

Talking about being between a rock and a hard place. You don't turn down Mark Cuban. You need to find a way to make that partnership work. Out of spite Cuban could bury those kids and they won't know what hit them.

If they had taken the deal, they would be so diluted. They’ve raised money previously (and raised another $2mm+ since that was taped.)

NO WAY could they go the deal and f*** O’Leary for calling them bozos.

If they had taken the deal, they would be so diluted. They’ve raised money previously (and raised another $2mm+ since that was taped.)

That’s why he’s Mr. Wonderful.

That's why I said it really put them between a rock and a hard place. So assuming the four of them are equal partners, plus now they have raised three million at whatever valuation (10 million or so?). Where does that leave them? Four people who have to agree on everything and still have investors that will want results going forward.

The problem with this business is that it's going to be difficult to capture a large piece of the pie, but in their defense it can be a huge pie. Unless any of their current investors have the same cache as Cuban or Kevin Hart, they can be squashed in no time. It's not like it's something you can patent so someone can come along and be bigger and better.

And this market will be real hot and then turn cold and be very cyclical. What happens if we go into a real recession. Maybe far fetched but right now everyone's portfolio and/or disposable income is getting squeezed. Is the average Joe going to be buying collectibles when the price of gas and food keep rising.

I don't know whatever happened to Brandon Steiner and Steiner Sports. Not sure if he sold his business or retired or still maintains his business. He was a big fish, or so it seemed, doing great things but he wasn't four partners either. Would he have wanted to split his profits or answer to three other partners.

I wish these kids a lot of luck. Hopefully they can grow their business and make everyone rich. But are Kentucky kids or Duke kids or Texas kids going to sign with them when some bigger name is going to fast sell them.

That's why I said it really put them between a rock and a hard place. So assuming the four of them are equal partners, plus now they have raised three million at whatever valuation (10 million or so?). Where does that leave them? Four people who have to agree on everything and still have investors that will want results going forward.

The problem with this business is that it's going to be difficult to capture a large piece of the pie, but in their defense it can be a huge pie. Unless any of their current investors have the same cache as Cuban or Kevin Hart, they can be squashed in no time. It's not like it's something you can patent so someone can come along and be bigger and better.

And this market will be real hot and then turn cold and be very cyclical. What happens if we go into a real recession. Maybe far fetched but right now everyone's portfolio and/or disposable income is getting squeezed. Is the average Joe going to be buying collectibles when the price of gas and food keep rising.

I don't know whatever happened to Brandon Steiner and Steiner Sports. Not sure if he sold his business or retired or still maintains his business. He was a big fish, or so it seemed, doing great things but he wasn't four partners either. Would he have wanted to split his profits or answer to three other partners.

I wish these kids a lot of luck. Hopefully they can grow their business and make everyone rich. But are Kentucky kids or Duke kids or Texas kids going to sign with them when some bigger name is going to fast sell them.

I get emails from Steiner about every other day, so he’s still around or at least the company is.

Yep. A large fraction of guests want the publicity more than the deal, and sometimes do well without Sharks. The show's producers are aware of this, and have had to consider measures to avoid being hurt by it.

I recently realized that Cuban and O'Leary aren't above exaggerating their knowledge of certain things. I'm referring to cryptocurrency and blockchain. Be careful pulling the trigger on a money move in that arena based on what they say.