Sharpe and Goggins | Syracusefan.com

Sharpe and Goggins

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
I don't see any news on them signing a FA deal yet. I don't know how Sharpe fits in the NFL, but I hope he gets a crack. Goggins who may be undersized for NFL interior play I think hangs on though, maybe as a practice squad player, but, he's a tremendous athlete for his size.

What's a "priority free agent"? Is that like a preferred walk on?

gets a locker with his name on plastic instead of tape
He got a call during the draft from teams, as opposed to his agent calling teams.

Maybe times have changed, but Kevin Mitchell played NT for several years in the League. Deon is definitely big enough to find a spot somewhere...

Maybe times have changed, but Kevin Mitchell played NT for several years in the League. Deon is definitely big enough to find a spot somewhere...
I believe KM was moved to MLB for the 49ers and never played NT.

What's a "priority free agent"? Is that like a preferred walk on?

Mike Golic was talking about it last week. Apparently, priority free agents are the first ones who get calls after the draft. They may have been on a team's hot board, but slid through the draft. In other words, had the draft gone another round or two, this team would have selected them.

I always thought Deon was a DE playing DT out of the team's necessity.
He'd have been perfect for this year's team as a DE. Last year we just needed as a DT, particularly after Sloan went down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom