Sherman Douglas-good exposure/wrong reason? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sherman Douglas-good exposure/wrong reason?

All those housewives shows are a joke.no talent people who want to be famous.

Sadly, folks watch it. The media tells them who to make famous, and they do it. I dont want to mock anyone in here if they watch it though. We watch a bunch of kid's running around in short pants, but at least with that the outcomes are generally less predictable.

If we want to talk point guards and dating, I thought it was much cooler when Scoop was dating Michael Jordan's daughter.

All those housewives shows are a joke.no talent people who want to be famous.
It's easy to agree with those statements. But, i've met one of those 'early' Housewives in a business pitch meeting, and she was completely lovely, beautiful, and intelligent. She's had some problems in years since, but i was impressed by her. And if you want to criticize people who have "no talent" but still "want to be famous," you'd be talking about 95% of the planet.

Sadly, folks watch it. The media tells them who to make famous, and they do it. I dont want to mock anyone in here if they watch it though. We watch a bunch of kid's running around in short pants, but at least with that the outcomes are generally less predictable.

If we want to talk point guards and dating, I thought it was much cooler when Scoop was dating Michael Jordan's daughter.
Isn't Rak dating her now?

It's easy to agree with those statements. But, i've met one of those 'early' Housewives in a business pitch meeting, and she was completely lovely, beautiful, and intelligent. She's had some problems in years since, but i was impressed by her. And if you want to criticize people who have "no talent" but still "want to be famous," you'd be talking about 95% of the planet.
I don't disagree I used to go to the same gym as one of the housewives and her husband's and found them to be nice and very different from the show. But those shows are a joke.

May 9, 1961

Newton Minow-Chairman of the FCC.

I invite each of you to sit down in front of your television set when your station goes on the air and stay there, for a day, without a book, without a magazine, without a newspaper, without a profit and loss sheet or a rating book to distract you. Keep your eyes glued to that set until the station signs off. I can assure you that what you will observe is a vast wasteland.

You will see a procession of game shows, formula comedies about totally unbelievable families, blood and thunder, mayhem, violence, sadism, murder, western bad men, western good men, private eyes, gangsters, more violence, and cartoons. And endlessly, commercials — many screaming, cajoling, and offending. And most of all, boredom. True, you’ll see a few things you will enjoy. But they will be very, very few. And if you think I exaggerate, I only ask you to try it.