Shirts are here... | Syracusefan.com

Shirts are here...

TheSpaz

2nd String
Champion shirt.jpg

2012 Big East Champs Shirts are here:

http://shop.suathletics.com/catalog...all_Champions_Locker_Room_T-Shirt_-_Navy_Blue

shameful. glad we are champs but cmon guys. twas to be expected though

burn it...

everyone shouldn't get a trophy... I hope we don't hang a banner, but I know TGD won't agree...

ru_su_bec.jpg

burn it...

everyone shouldn't get a trophy... I hope we don't hang a banner, but I know TGD won't agree...

ru_su_bec.jpg

Seriously?

We actually did win the Big East. That happened. Like, for real.

Description

What an exciting season for your Syracuse Orange! Now that they’ve claimed the 2012 Big East Football Championship title, you have bragging rights for the entire year. Start it off right with the Locker Room tee. This team-colored shirt features the same style graphics worn by your Orange right after the big win!

I think this needs to be changed to right after Rutgers gagged.

burn it...

Not everyone is getting a trophy - Pitt won't. UConn won't. Temple won't. USF won't. Only the teams that, ya know, actually tied for the Big East championship.

And Gross should absolutely put a banner up, five years from now no recruit will have any idea what happened in 2012 college football - have as many freaking championship banners up as possible. First, it's true, and second it helps reinforce the idea they can come to SU and win championships.

The t-shirts, however, are lame.

Anyone that's being a little cry baby r u kidding me.. We got share of trophy six weeks ago you woulda pissed on yourself if we even remotely had a shot.. Enjoy it

Not everyone is getting a trophy - Pitt won't. UConn won't. Temple won't. USF won't. Only the teams that, ya know, actually tied for the Big East championship.

And Gross should absolutely put a banner up, five years from now no recruit will have any idea what happened in 2012 college football - have as many freaking championship banners up as possible. First, it's true, and second it helps reinforce the idea they can come to SU and win championships.

The t-shirts, however, are lame.

I guess we fundamentally disagree then... I would contend that to crown a champion, there can't be a tie.

Logic would agree with me...

...and I don't care what the stoopid BE bylaws say... Just another reason to fly this chickenshack of a conference...

Not to take away from the season turnaround we had - great way to end the season, but... Louisville should be the only champion.

I guess we fundamentally disagree then... I would contend that to crown a champion, there can't be a tie.

Logic would agree with me...

...and I don't care what the stoopid BE bylaws say... Just another reason to fly this chickenshack of a conference...

Not to take away from the season turnaround we had - great way to end the season, but... Louisville should be the only champion.

So the team that we beat and have the same conference record as is, in your mind, the only "true" champion. Because at least one other team happened to tie us with the same conference record. So the key to Louisville winning the championship over Syracuse has nothing at all to do with either team's on the field performance...it has to do with Rutgers not losing one more game.

Your logic seems flawed to me somehow...

So the team that we beat and have the same conference record as is, in your mind, the only "true" champion. Because at least one other team happened to tie us with the same conference record. So the key to Louisville winning the championship over Syracuse has nothing at all to do with either team's on the field performance...it has to do with Rutgers not losing one more game.

Your logic seems flawed to me somehow...

My premise is that there is only ever ONE champion. That's how most every other sport works.

You want to make an argument it should be us, make it.

Sadly, what the Big East says is the teams can tie for the championship, but, with feet to the fire, the BCS bowl slot goes to the highest ranked team in the BCS.

W/o a conference championship game nor criteria for selecting two teams to it, we have this... and it's a joke.

So if Louisville is the top team in the conference by the Big East's own criteria, I contend they should be the single champion.

It's simple logic, really... and the BE logic is flawed.

My premise is that there is only ever ONE champion. That's how most every other sport works.

Championships are won on the field. Period. end of story.

That's the argument, either you like championships to be decided in arcane asinine ways, or you don't. You like to see them decided in arcane asinine ways. I prefer a somewhat saner method of winning them on the field.

It's truer in this case to say there isn't a champion than it is to say Louisville is the champion...once you've decided to call them a champion then the cat is out of the bag. At that point screw it, everyone that tied can call themselves a champion, too.

PS Pretty much every single college conference acknowledges multiple champions for regular seasons if teams are tied with the same record, so it's not like the Big East is an outlier here.

Championships are won on the field. Period. end of story.

That's the argument, either you like championships to be decided in arcane asinine ways, or you don't. You like to see them decided in arcane asinine ways. I prefer a somewhat saner method of winning them on the field.

It's truer in this case to say there isn't a champion than it is to say Louisville is the champion...once you've decided to call them a champion then the cat is out of the bag. At that point screw it, everyone that tied can call themselves a champion, too.

PS Pretty much every single college conference acknowledges multiple champions for regular seasons if teams are tied with the same record, so it's not like the Big East is an outlier here.

Actually, I'd prefer a championship game and one winner... I think these tie scenarios with wink-wink nod to BCS rank for bowl-bounders is completely bunk.

So I think we're on the same page there.

The fact that we could have 4 schools making 2012 conference champion apparel, hanging stadium banners, etc... it's just silly.

You want to make an argument it should be us, make it.

Sadly, what the Big East says is the teams can tie for the championship, but, with feet to the fire, the BCS bowl slot goes to the highest ranked team in the BCS.

W/o a conference championship game nor criteria for selecting two teams to it, we have this... and it's a joke.

So if Louisville is the top team in the conference by the Big East's own criteria, I contend they should be the single champion.

It's simple logic, really... and the BE logic is flawed.
No. There is only one BCS bowl entrant. There are 3 (maybe 4) co-champions. Just the way it is.

What is shameful is the tshirts for every occassion. Relax gentleman. Im stoked we won a "share" of the title

I would never wear that t-shirt but as far as recruiting goes, yes hang a banner.

Everytime there's a new Cuse shirt, I get this feeling:

We did win the big east. After all the crap we have endured since 2004 we are now poo pooing hanging a banner? Are you kidding me?

I would hang a banner the size of a movie theatre screen.

Wow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Also you think the players and the coaching staff who put everything they had into getting this are complaining? no!

Hey I bought a "Pinstripe Bowl Champions" shirt. Was so nice to have ANY tshirt worthy success, even if at a stretch, I jumped all over that chance. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom