Shot Clock | Syracusefan.com

Shot Clock

SkyTopBus44

Starter
Coughlin: Have the New Rules Increased Pace of Play?

Very interesting read on the impact of the new shot clock to date. The article kind of implies it but I think that the real impact will be in the playoffs where many teams had been really slowing down their possessions. So far I would say that the shot clock has been a success as there have been very few moments when teams have just passed off to the corners at the end of an offensive set. Sure it helps the goalies when teams force a shot at the end which ends up being an easier save in most cases. In some instances though I lack the data to back it up it feels like the rushed shot has resulted in more face breaks. I think that it has been officiated well with little controversy on resetting the clock on shots when a shot has hit the goalie. This was one area where I was concerned. The defensive clearing as noted in the article has become more of an issue for teams which I think will also have some impact in playoff games. I think SU rides it fairly well. Many were worried that 60 seconds on your offensive end would be a bit rushed but I have not noticed a real difference based on the eye test. Curious what the minds on this board think of the rule change to date.

I would like the reset down to 60 as well, then I can live with it.. I would be ok with it going to 60 with a 20 sec clear but that will never happen.

I would like the reset down to 60 as well, then I can live with it.. I would be ok with it going to 60 with a 20 sec clear but that will never happen.

Didn't they originally approve a 60 second shot clock and then amend it to 80?

I agree; wish it were 20 to get it into the box, 60 to shoot and 50 on the reset.

Didn't they originally approve a 60 second shot clock and then amend it to 80?

I agree; wish it were 20 to get it into the box, 60 to shoot and 50 on the reset.

Believe you are correct. There were reservations expressed by many about shot clock and they adjusted. Think it was wise to be introduce in a measured way and let teams adapt. Most agree that reset should be shorter and I could see them shortening shot clock further. Wish they would do away with the crease dive, think its reintroduction was wrong on several fronts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom