Should Baye start on senior night? | Syracusefan.com

Should Baye start on senior night?

I say he deserves the recognition for his hard work over the past 4 years and a his starting is not going to hurt the team.

Start him, but let Roc jump center. Then after a minute, substitute accordingly.

Absolutely, Baye played his azz off for Cuse and did a pretty good job overall based on his talent level. Best wishes to Baye in the future!

If it matters to BMK let him start as I don't think it will kill us one or the other. I doubt BMK cares though about starting also if Grant is leaving after the year I would hope he is honored some way before or after the game. I like the tradition of wrestlers who retire leaving their shoes in the circle mat. I would wish C.J. Fair would take his sneakers off and leave them on the court for a minute as he has been the best Syracuse player for 4 years since Hakim Warrick or Gerry Mac IMO.

BMK's a team player, he'll get more minutes senior night (hopefully) but I don't think starting will matter.

The best gift the team could give BMK is getting that offense going because BMK has their backs on defense.

If it matters to BMK let him start as I don't think it will kill us one or the other. I doubt BMK cares though about starting also if Grant is leaving after the year I would hope he is honored some way before or after the game. I like the tradition of wrestlers who retire leaving their shoes in the circle mat. I would wish C.J. Fair would take his sneakers off and leave them on the court for a minute as he has been the best Syracuse player for 4 years since Hakim Warrick or Gerry Mac IMO.
I can remember the days when every senior scholarship guy started his last home game regardless of the game. The students loved being able to give a fond farewell to them. Now days with every game so important (at least in coaches minds), they shiver at the thought of getting the 11th or 12th man in there for even a second of non scrub time.

Frozen said:
Roc last won the tap vs. NC St.
I've tried to keep track as I noticed against bc that he again lost. He jumps really late. Almost seems intentional

Marsh01 said:
Lol I was just going to say this. I cant remember the last time we won a tap.
if he has won 6 this year is be surprised

No. This isn't high school senior nite.
If Coleman gets to start for 2 years with a hook after as early as 30 seconds , then how can started BMK going to hurt the team. He is less likely to make the defensive mistake Coleman made to get the hook.

Historically I can't remember him ever doing that before.

No. This isn't high school senior nite.

Well, it isn't NBA either. There is something to be said about caring for guys that gave their all at the collegiate level. Starting Baye against GT at least for a few moments would show SU appreciates his efforts over the last four years and I think all seniors should start their last home game and play to the first stoppage in play regardless of their ability.

I say he deserves the recognition for his hard work over the past 4 years and a his starting is not going to hurt the team.

I can see giving him (and all the seniors) a special introduction before we announce the starting lineups. And substituting him out late in the game to a warm ovation, if we are in a position to do so. But starting him? No.

absolutely. Im not for walk-ons starting... but i am absolutely for all scholarship players to start on senior day.

Baye, especially, deserves it more than others. No one out-works him.

Well, it isn't NBA either. There is something to be said about caring for guys that gave their all at the collegiate level. Starting Baye against GT at least for a few moments would show SU appreciates his efforts over the last four years and I think all seniors should start their last home game and play to the first stoppage in play regardless of their ability.

Name another time that a non starting senior started on senior nite just because he was a senior? It's nothing against Baye.

Historically I can't remember him ever doing that before.

He's gotten away from it, but he used to do it regularly (I believe Southerland got his first start on Senior Night last year, but he ended up starting for the rest of the season).

Bench players like Michael Edwards used to get the token start for the last game, then get subbed out as needed.

Start Baye as a second big. Bring in Roberson when things break down.

Name another time that a non starting senior started on senior nite just because he was a senior? It's nothing against Baye.

The most recent instance I can think of was Michael Edwards in 1993. Was kind of surprised that McNeil didn't get that treatment in '04. It's not common practice anymore, that's for sure.

The most recent instance I can think of was Michael Edwards in 1993. Was kind of surprised that McNeil didn't get that treatment in '04. It's not common practice anymore, that's for sure.

UNC does it and includes the walk ons.

I'd be shocked if Jerami plays tomorrow so that should make it easy. Start Baye at center, Roc at the 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom