Should that have been a continuation foul? | Syracusefan.com

Should that have been a continuation foul?

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
Honestly, when I saw it I thought 'no chance'. People over on Pack Pride are going absolutely BONKERS over that call though. I thought it was pretty obvious, but that's also me wearing orange shaded glasses. Thoughts?

Who cares? Calls happen in games. I'd trade this one for the correct call being made on the Triche charge in the Final Four. Or the suplex. Or the phantom over-and-back against Marquette in the tourney. Those calls ended seasons, ended careers. This was a meaningless game for both teams.

Who cares? Calls happen in games. I'd trade this one for the correct call being made on the Triche charge in the Final Four. Or the suplex. Or the phantom over-and-back against Marquette in the tourney. Those calls ended seasons, ended careers. This was a meaningless game for both teams.
I was just wondering because I honestly thought it wasn't. I was looking for cowtown, or one of our board refs to respond. No need to be snippy.

Honestly, when I saw it I thought 'no chance'. People over on Pack Pride are going absolutely BONKERS over that call though. I thought it was pretty obvious, but that's also me wearing orange shaded glasses. Thoughts?
Considering they don't have the continuation rule in college, I would have to say no it shouldn't have been a continuation foul.

No. Does it get called that way 56% of the time in the college game, absolutely.

He was fouled before he made an offensive move. Had he started to go up vs taking two steps and laying it in its a foul and a bucket
Exactly, that wasn't even close to being a shooting foul, but, the way the refereeing has been this year, you never know. In retrospect, I know its easy to say because we got to the line so often, but the ref's were fairly decent tonite. Right?

Refs got the call right. The offensive player was not in the act of shooting and in slow motion, it is very clear that he started the shot well after being fouled.

Exactly, that wasn't even close to being a shooting foul, but, the way the refereeing has been this year, you never know. In retrospect, I know its easy to say because we got to the line so often, but the ref's were fairly decent tonite. Right?

They werent bad. They missed calls on nc state in the first half and missed a couple in our favor in the 2nd. Evened out.

It is no longer even an offensive move - it is the beginning of the act of shooting (whatever the heck that really is). AND that is only the NBA.

Was unsure seeing it live. Just watched it on replay and the right call was made.

Was unsure seeing it live. Just watched it on replay and the right call was made.
I was in the lower corner at that side of the basket and it was definitely the right call from the get-go.

Simply put, if you are whining that you should have won because of a missed continuation, that's weak sauce...most subjective call in the sport.

Simply put, if you are whining that you should have won because of a missed continuation, that's weak sauce...most subjective call in the sport.

Agreed. If anyone says it was one play that caused a loss, they are discounting the remainder of a game. This applies to everyone, including us. Had NCState won, it would not have been due to one botched play. We had many opportunities to score.

Likewise, NCState had many opportunities to score (except when they attacked RAK!). Had they scored elsewhere, the play in quesion would have been an afterthought.