Should Yanks tank so Tampa overtakes Red Sox | Syracusefan.com

Should Yanks tank so Tampa overtakes Red Sox

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Yankees control the destiny of both these teams. Would love to see them "work it" so the Red Sox miss the playoffs. Or don't even worry about since the Red Sox don't even need the Yankees help to miss out.

I've been saying this all day and my yankee brothers are all livid with me. Maybe I just hate Boston more than I love the yanks.

I've been saying this all day and my yankee brothers are all livid with me. Maybe I just hate Boston more than I love the yanks.
I love when the Red Sox lose. Just like I love when Yukon loses and the Cowboys and Eagles lose. I could watch any of those four teams 365 days a year just to root against them.

Now proceed to trying out the young ones and bombing the remainder of the games - magic number for home field is 3

If I were a Yankees fan (what a disgusting premise to this post, but I'll continue), I'd rather see the Sox in the playoffs. The way the two teams are playing, I'd much rather face them than Tampa Bay.

If I were a Yankees fan (what a disgusting premise to this post, but I'll continue), I'd rather see the Sox in the playoffs. The way the two teams are playing, I'd much rather face them than Tampa Bay.

After '04, hellz no

Maybe I just hate Boston more than I love the yanks.
That is sad. I used to criticize Sox fans for this; it often seemed that there obsession with the Yankees was so great that they preferred Yankee misery to Sox success. I hate that this has become true for many Yankee fans as well.

That is sad. I used to criticize Sox fans for this; it often seemed that there obsession with the Yankees was so great that they preferred Yankee misery to Sox success. I hate that this has become true for many Yankee fans as well.

I agree it's total red sox mentality and very sad. Just being honest. Not sure where this suddenly came from

Big Red Sox fan here. Frankly, I would love for the Red Sox to crawl into the playoffs on their knees and elbows this year. At this point one less quality team to worry about. I am in shock at how poorly the Sox have played all month long, shocked, and I see no way they can turn on the switch and become competitive in the playoffs barring a heated fisticuffs match in the Bronx this weekend.

OTOH if the shoe were on the other foot I would get a good measure of satisfaction seeing the Yanks eliminated before the playoffs began. As any true Red Sox fan knows, if the Sox can't win it all we want anyone but the Yankees to win.

The odds are that the Yankees wouldn't end up facing either the Rays or the Sox anyway. Would be a challenge for either of them to get past Texas or Detroit.

For the Yankees, the options in the first round are Texas, Detroit or LAA. Regardless of who it is, it's going to be a challenging postseason. Where are the Twins when we need them?

The odds are that the Yankees wouldn't end up facing either the Rays or the Sox anyway. Would be a challenge for either of them to get past Texas or Detroit.

Wait, Chip, the odds are that the yankees don't get by Verlander or the Rangers? That means the yankees have less than 50% chance to beat either in the first round? Wow, vegas will disagree vehemently with that in about a week. Gonna be tough, but bombers are still slight favorites in those opening round matchups. Slight.

Wait, Chip, the odds are that the yankees don't get by Verlander or the Rangers? That means the yankees have less than 50% chance to beat either in the first round? Wow, vegas will disagree vehemently with that in about a week. Gonna be tough, but bombers are still slight favorites in those opening round matchups. Slight.

Sorry, I didn't say that well. My point was that the odds are that the Sox or Rays wouldn't get past the Tigers or Rangers. Therefore, the Yankees likely wouldn't play the Sox or Rays.

Sorry, I didn't say that well. My point was that the odds are that the Sox or Rays wouldn't get past the Tigers or Rangers. Therefore, the Yankees likely wouldn't play the Sox or Rays.

Haha. got it. exactly.

Yanks line-up the day after clinching: Jeter SS, Nunez 2B, Teixeira DH, Swisher RF, Jones LF, Montero C, Posada 1B, Laird 3B, Golson CF, Colon RHP

they want home field and i want jeter to bat .300 or better oh so badly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom