Shout out to season ticket holders | Syracusefan.com

Shout out to season ticket holders

Who cares if they sold some seats for one game. The Dome gets is packed more than almost any team in the nation.
These fans deserve their props for their support of the program.

Sitting on your hands the entire game doesn't mean you support the program. A cardboard cutout has more energy than them.

A cardboard cutout could probably make more FT's.

Seriously, you're bashing the fans now?

I always have. The Carrier Dome is anything but electric. Far cry from what it used to be You should be taken to task when Buffalo turns it into a home game because you sold your tickets.

I always have. The Carrier Dome is anything but electric. Far cry from what it used to be You should be taken to task when Buffalo turns it into a home game because you sold your tickets.

The contingent of Buffalo fans at the Dome last night, especially the younger fans, were boozed up, loud, obnoxious and wild.

You know, everything our fans USED to be.

As a season ticket holder I’m sick of other season ticket holders selling their tickets for these games. I have no voice today because i try to cheer unlike some. That said if we continue to lose I expect less people to show up.

Sitting on your hands the entire game doesn't mean you support the program. A cardboard cutout has more energy than them.
Maybe if the the team didn't play like dog doo they'd have more to cheer aboutm

We have been top 3 in attendance during the last 5 years. If people still come then I can’t see one year stoping it.

Top three? We were always 1 or 2, behind Louisville.
Did UNC beat us in attendance last year, too?
I believe our attendance has declined for something like 4 or 5 years in a row now.

I believe our attendance has declined for something like 4 or 5 years in a row now.
I was being careful it wasn’t top 2.
It’s always Kentucky and Syracuse top 2 but I was being careful.

Last year, 2017, 2016, '13, '12, '11, & '10... #2 to Kentucky

#1 in '15, '14

I was being careful it wasn’t top 2.
It’s always Kentucky and Syracuse top 2 but I was being careful.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Louisville is up there, too, with the YUM Center.

How fast will crowds drop if the play continues to spiral down?

They got a little season ticket bump this year due to Battle's return and everyone's totally unreasonable expectation that a 14-loss team would become a Final Four team simply by virtue of all of its players returning. So they're not going to bottom out below 2016 attendance levels just yet.

That said, even if we win the next 3 I fully anticipate 11,000 people out of an announced 17,500 being in the house for a midweek snoozer against Clemson in a couple weeks.

We’ve been 1 or 2 for at least the last 10 years and since the dome opened almost 40 years ago we’ve been 1, 2 or 3 with the exception of a handful of years but were still top 5. We own the 9 highest seasons for average attendance. We also own 14 of the top 20 largest. Last year we were 3rd for all games, home, away, neutral. That’s because we’re a big draw on the road.

Little old Syracuse. Not some huge metropolis. Attendance is pretty much the last thing anyone should complain about.

As a season ticket holder I’m sick of other season ticket holders selling their tickets for these games. I have no voice today because i try to cheer unlike some. That said if we continue to lose I expect less people to show up.

This is such a small time way of thinking. I have been a season ticket holder for around 9 years, and I also live an hour and half away (that's door to Varsity-door with no traffic. Take into account game day traffic and it's about two hours). Because of my crazy work schedule, I rarely attend weekday games, so I sell my tickets. Would it be better for me to not have season tickets and that guaranteed revenue stream coming into SU every year? If I didnt have season tickets, and was just picking and choosing the games I wanted to go to with single seat sales, there is no way I would attend as many a year as I do (which means loss of ticket sales, dome foam, concessions, etc.). I know there are many people in the same boat as me.

Again, small time take.

This is such a small time way of thinking. I have been a season ticket holder for around 9 years, and I also live an hour and half away (that's door to Varsity-door with no traffic. Take into account game day traffic and it's about two hours). Because of my crazy work schedule, I rarely attend weekday games, so I sell my tickets. Would it be better for me to not have season tickets and that guaranteed revenue stream coming into SU every year? If I didnt have season tickets, and was just picking and choosing the games I wanted to go to with single seat sales, there is no way I would attend as many a year as I do (which means loss of ticket sales, dome foam, concessions, etc.). I know there are many people in the same boat as me.

Again, small time take.
Yup. I go to about half the games and sell the rest. If I didn't have ST's I would probably only go to maybe 3 or 4.

Obviously everyone’s situation is different with their seasons but there were a lot of Buffalo fans in premium seats last night.

I’ve had seasons for 20+ years. Go to maybe half the games. When I don’t go, I give them to family and friends. It would be nice if season ticket holders at least made an attempt to get those tickets to Syracuse fans.

The quanity isnt the issue...its just that it has as much energy as a morgue most games. Is that reflective of the product? Of course, but I have felt this way for a while now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom