Shows/films you hate that your spouse loves | Syracusefan.com

Shows/films you hate that your spouse loves

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
I love my wife. Really and truly. But sometimes her brand of entertainment leaves me lacking. I was never truly a fan of the office, because I had a Michael Scott like boss and the show felt too much like real life. She LOVES that show. Her favorite episode is the dinner one where they get invited to Michael and Jan's condo and it's more uncomfortable than anything should ever be. Can't watch more than a minute of that one. Ugghhhhh.

Anyone else have this problem?

I love my wife. Really and truly. But sometimes her brand of entertainment leaves me lacking. I was never truly a fan of the office, because I had a Michael Scott like boss and the show felt too much like real life. She LOVES that show. Her favorite episode is the dinner one where they get invited to Michael and Jan's condo and it's more uncomfortable than anything should ever be. Can't watch more than a minute of that one. Ugghhhhh.

Anyone else have this problem?
I have a hard time with that episode. I don't find it as funny as most seem to.

I watch a lot of truly stupid things, so I can't really cast a stone when it comes to my wife's entertainment choices.

I have a hard time with that episode. I don't find it as funny as most seem to.

I watch a lot of truly stupid things, so I can't really cast a stone when it comes to my wife's entertainment choices.
Great spin that is absolutely true in my case as well.

bravo real housewives crap. i think it is immoral to watch that stuff. it is literally reducing your intellect. its worse than doing drugs.

Reality shows that are a cacophony of shrill voices shouting trash at each other is basically Bravo's format.

The best thing about cutting the chord 5 years ago was having my wife agree that channel will only be consumed on her iPad.

I can endure the period tv dramas like The Crown or Downton Abbey type shows. Reality tv is where i draw the line - i can feel myself getting dumber with each passing second.

And I don't have a bottomless pit of intelligence to piss away on that junk.

I didn’t love that episode either. (Although I love the TV setup on the wall).

Jan was great as the serious and professional manager with that one nonsensical weak spot for Michael. Turning her into a weirdo like that didn’t work for me.

My wife likes Flea Market Flip on HGTV. I wouldn’t say I hate it but it just doesn’t hold my attention. Yeah, it’s creative, zzzzzzzzz. If I’m watching HGTV, I want to see them walk into some sh !thole and turn it into a cool modern place.

bravo real housewives crap. i think it is immoral to watch that stuff. it is literally reducing your intellect. its worse than doing drugs.

Couldn't put it better - consumers of that trash are directly making the world a worse place.

I was gonna chime in with stuff like Dexter and American Horror Story, because she likes them and I have no patience, but 'reality' TV is so much worse.

The dinner party episode of The Office is comes when the series is getting a little unrealistic - Jan is crazy, Dwight's coming through with his former baby-sitter, etc. But it's got its moments, and it nails the discomfort level pretty well. I get a kick out of the Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf parallels.

Reality shows that are a cacophony of shrill voices shouting trash at each other is basically Bravo's format.

The best thing about cutting the chord 5 years ago was having my wife agree that channel will only be consumed on her iPad.

I can endure the period tv dramas like The Crown or Downton Abbey type shows. Reality tv is where i draw the line - i can feel myself getting dumber with each passing second.

Yeah, you're not wrong, but I will watch every season of The Challenge until either I die or they stop making it.

This season has been awesome so far, by the way.

I don't hate This is Us. There are some excellent acting performances on the show, but the nonstop sentimentality is absurd. There are so many attempted "tear-jerking" moments, that I become desensitized. The show needs more emotional balance. My wife somehow still cries during every episode.

i'll see your Dirty Dancing and raise you BLADE RUNNER ...

My wife is also a huge Bravo fan and I cannot stand all of the screaming and yelling. When she is watching the housewives shows, I can deal with it, until they all start yelling at each other. Totally unwatchable.

So, we have four TV's in our house for only two people, so I never have to worry about finding a spot to watch whatever I want to (which is usually sports).

One show that I can watch like eight episodes at a time and I know my wife will only watch one or two is Storage Wars. Just something about it that glues me to the set. Totally hard to explain.

The fact that people believe they are reality shows makes me assume their IQ is below 90

Really the bravo stuff takes the cake. My saving grace is she loves it because how ridiculous it is. She doesn’t take it serious at all.

Greys Anatomy. Arguably the one show on tv that seems to intentionally hire ugly actresses in an industry where sex sells.

Hallmark and Oxygen “movies.”

Awful.

Also, I’ve done about 10 minutes of “This is Us.” 10 minutes I’ll never get back. It’s terrible.

Fortunately she has never been an Idol/Voice/Masked “Singer” type show. Those are absurd. I’ll never understand the appeal.