Shows you once loved, but lost your interest | Syracusefan.com

Shows you once loved, but lost your interest

temery

What?
I don't think this duplicate any previous posts.

I was just cleaning out my TiVo line up and noticed a few shows I once had high on my list, but I've lost interest. For some, the show changed direction, or the novelty wore off quickly. For others, the show's schedule made it too difficult to follow, or retain interest - ~ ten shows a year, then nothing for ten months.

A few, off the top of my head:

Burn Notice
Leverage
30Rock
Bones
House
Tosh.O
Warehouse 13
The Office

Totally agree with Bones and House. Criminal Minds, to an extent.

Sons of Anarchy is slowly falling into this category for me. The first 3 seasons were great but by the end of seaons 5, Im starting to hate all of the charcters and hope they all die (w/ the exception of Chibbs and Happy).

Oooh, 24. Another I forgot. Was nuts for it the first 2 seasons. Then, not so much. There's only so many times you can listen to Keifer shout, "WHERE IS THE BOMB??!!??"

I loved the first season of ER, but I was young and stupid. I rarely watched it after that.

Most of the long running HBO dramas kept my interest all the way through (e.g., The Sopranos, Six Feet Under). I'm still into Mad Men as much as ever.

Ten years ago, I still watched The Simpsons religiously, but I can't remember the last time I watched an entire episode. I don't think there is any shame in a show losing my interest after twenty years though.

I think even the best sitcoms tend to fall-off as time goes on. They either lose their stride, run out of ideas, or they just lose their novelty. I'm kind of glad that I didn't have to watch Arrested Development decline like 30 Rock. I tend to stick with shows for the duration anyway. The Office, 30 Rock, and Family Guy aren't what they used to be, but they are still better than most of what's on television these days.

LOST - I watched the first few seasons and loved it, but then I just fell off with it. Still dont even know what happened?
Supernatural - Again, watched the first few seasons and really enjoyed it,and just forgot about it. I watch the repeats on TNT. Actually I really wish I had kept watching it
Being Human - The syfy one with the vampire, werewolf, and ghost. Watched half of the first season and enjoyed it, then...idk

The X-Files after Mulder left. That just about killed me.

Heroes had a great first season, crappy season finale, and then just started sucking.

Lost... at one time I was a fan boy. I even occasionally wrote for a popular Lost blog and was quoted in Entertainment Weekly about some casting choices they made. But I'll see Cuse and Lindelof in Hell.

Twin Peaks-as soon as I realized that David Lynch had no idea how to resolve his story lines.

Criminal Minds-Mandy Patinkin was right to quit. Nothing but melodrama with the clock ticking now.

Mad Men-Still love the style and attention to the detail of the period in question, but no longer appointment TV for me.

Agree on Burn Notice. This happens a lot w/USA shows once the initial premise of the show is either resolved or is no longer interesting.

A show that jumped the shark long before it ended for me was Monk. Not even Tony Shalhoub could overcome the embarrassing simplicity of the plots. Plus, the show defined the term 'one-trick pony'. The later episodes were almost as banal as those long-after-the-Golden Age Columbos...or Perry Masons. Cringeworthy.

Twin Peaks-as soon as I realized that David Lynch had no idea how to resolve his story lines.

Criminal Minds-Mandy Patinkin was right to quit. Nothing but melodrama with the clock ticking now.

Mad Men-Still love the style and attention to the detail of the period in question, but no longer appointment TV for me.

Yet still, the Mad Men producers have the run of the place at AMC, even though shows like Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels continue to kick it's ass in terms of fan following.

Twin Peaks was great until you had to have prescriptions meds in your system to watch the show.

I have always liked Mandy Patinkin. I picked up Criminal Minds in syndication, so I had no idea Mandy had been gone from the show. He left because he felt the show was glorifying graphic violence.

LOST - I watched the first few seasons and loved it, but then I just fell off with it. Still dont even know what happened?
That's a shame, because seasons 3/4 were two of its best. It's season 6 that usually turns people to love/hate the show.

I think one of the faults with Lost was just how tuned in to fan-sites the writers were. So much so that if fansites ever 'figured it out' they would intentionally divert the plot to make them wrong, and thus the plot twists became a total cluster.

How I met your mother, The Office, and Criminal Minds in recent years.

That's a shame, because seasons 3/4 were two of its best. It's season 6 that usually turns people to love/hate the show.

I think one of the faults with Lost was just how tuned in to fan-sites the writers were. So much so that if fansites ever 'figured it out' they would intentionally divert the plot to make them wrong, and thus the plot twists became a total cluster.
I wish they could just do 5 and 6 over again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I remember hearing about those diversions.

But just now looking I didn't realize it only got six seasons, seemed like it may have been longer.
Honestly, looking back, the reason I think I feel off with it was because I was going to college in 06 and I just couldn't keep up with it.

Always Sunny
30 Rock
Eh, most of the stuff has already been named.

Lost definitely. Watched the first two seasons and then shut it down. More recently Boardwalk Empire and True Blood. Found both hard to follow after two seasons. One of my buddies keeps pimping Game of Thrones but it doesn't do much for me. The only HBO show I watch now is Eastbound and Down although Veep has some potential. All the good ones have ended: Sopranos, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Bored to Death, Luck, Hung, Ricky Gervais, Arli$$, Oz, Six Foot Under, Tracey Ullman (how far back should I go). Maybe I need to watch other stations besides sports and HBO.

Lost definitely. Watched the first two seasons and then shut it down. More recently Boardwalk Empire and True Blood. Found both hard to follow after two seasons. .
Wow! I feel the same way about True Blood, but I think Boardwalk Empire keeps getting better. The last season of Eastbound and Down was disappointing.

finding bigfoot. i am getting more than a little concerned that bobo will never ever get the chance to rescue sweet renae from the clutches of one of these magnificent yet elusive beasts. ON FILM!!!

finding bigfoot. i am getting more than a little concerned that bobo will never ever get the chance to rescue sweet renae from the clutches of one of these magnificent yet elusive beasts. ON FILM!!!

Finding Bigfoot is one of those shows to watch when you want be entertained by dipshits.

My favorite bobo quote, "You didn't see Bigfoot? ... That's a positive sign. They don't want to be seen. Your not seeing one in an area known for sightings is strong evidence you were indeed in the presence of a higher intelligence hiding from you."

Paraphrasing, but that's damn close to what was said.

I wouldn't say I loved either of these shows, but I did used to regularly watch them, at least via DVR:

True Blood
Royal Pains

And, as much as I hate to say it...

The Simpsons. The show that taught me more about humor than pretty much anything else, but just got old and ran out of steam, and wound up competing in a timeslot against other shows that were just, frankly, eventually better.

I feel blasphemous even saying that. The Simpsons is still perhaps my favorite show ever, despite the fact that no reruns are shown where I live. That's BS, by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom