Shrader interview today on ESPN radio Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Shrader interview today on ESPN radio Syracuse

Apdaly

Objectively biased
Did anyone catch this? Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but having an illness(non covid luckily) just run through my household last week. Hearing him hold back an occasional cough makes me think he may be on the mend from a cold/flu. Hope I’m wrong and he is feeling well!

I listened to the tail end of it. He was hacking up a bit during the portion that I listened to, but I didn’t read into it as anything that serious.
It is cough drop season after all.

Did anyone catch this? Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but having an illness(non covid luckily) just run through my household last week. Hearing him hold back an occasional cough makes me think he may be on the mend from a cold/flu. Hope I’m wrong and he is feeling well!

Same at our house. 6 yr old got sick, 104 temp so she got tested just to be sure. Luckily negative, something viral. Then she passed it to my wife and I. Both of us were sick and very sick for 2 weeks and 3 weeks before we’ve started feeling closer to normal

Same at our house. 6 yr old got sick, 104 temp so she got tested just to be sure. Luckily negative, something viral. Then she passed it to my wife and I. Both of us were sick and very sick for 2 weeks and 3 weeks before we’ve started feeling closer to normal
Damn...104 temp es no bueno...hopefully she and everyone else feeling better.

Sorry to hear that, hope everyone is back close to 100%. Ours was a full week down for the count, both kids, my wife, and I. No way I could’ve played a game right now, and I’m recovered mostly.

Went through our family as well. Started with a 4 y/o who got sick at preschool. Sticks with you for weeks. Some of us ran fevers and others did not. COVID-19 tests were negative. If Shrader has this it’s tough to kick quickly.

There has been a significant spike in Onondaga county the past couple weeks. We are the most hit county in NYS by a lot.

There was some chatter about players being sick during the game and it affected play. Not making excuses just sharing what I heard. I dont always share.
That was what I speculated. It is notable that Dino and the players have all avoided discussing this as a possible reason for the bad performance. It would have been easy to do that. They took the harder road.

Maybe BC and Va Tech had the flu when we played them. You have to think these things even out over time.

Winter cold ripped through our house. Could not imagine trying to play football. Golf was hard enough. The congestion was bad and cough lasted about 2 weeks (even into 3rd)

There was some chatter about players being sick during the game and it affected play. Not making excuses just sharing what I heard. I dont always share.
IMO that doesn't make much sense. Not everyone would have been able to play sick. A few players wouldn't be able to go. I don't recall anyone being out. Also if kids where sick that gives Dino MORE reason to take out the starters in the 4th Q. Putting players out there who are sick and down 38-3 is dangerous.

I feel like this is an internet rumor trying to explain the What loss.

EDIT

Cunningham did not play the 4th Q. Louisville called off the dogs. There was no reason for us to play our starters after that point. If they were sick on top of this, that is totally irresponsible of DIno. If the team was sick that helps explain why we stunk, but it makes Dino's decision making much worse.

Last edited:
IMO that doesn't make much sense. Not everyone would have been able to play sick. A few players wouldn't be able to go. I don't recall anyone being out. Also if kids where sick that gives Dino MORE reason to take out the starters in the 4th Q. Putting players out there who are sick and down 38-3 is dangerous.

EDIT

Cunningham did not play the 4th Q. Louisville called off the dogs. There was no reason for us to play our starters after that point. If they were sick on top of this, that is totally irresponsible of DIno. If the team was sick that helps explain why we stunk, but it makes Dino's decision making much worse.
Again. Just something I heard from someone at the game. Louisville could have beat us that day with blind folds on. It was their day. Me sharing this news is not justifying the loss but I get it, you are mad. Dino sucks. Easy for anyone to point that out right now. We can be mad because our team is losing all we won’t but trying to dispute every little thing on a message board is not going to change anything.

EDIT

A couple guys didn’t travel because they had the flu.

Dino talked about it in his presser on Tuesday briefly before the Louisville game.

It was irresponsible either way to have our starters playing in the 4th quarter of that game. We could have risked a serious injury to a key player and when you need to win one of your last two to be bowl eligible that’s a bad risk to take.

Hell, I would have even considered pulling the starters at halftime we were down by so much already.

This loss doesn’t sit easy with me and is a very bad look on Dino.

A couple guys didn’t travel because they had the flu.

Dino talked about it in his presser on Tuesday briefly before the Louisville game.

It was irresponsible either way to have our starters playing in the 4th quarter of that game. We could have risked a serious injury to a key player and when you need to win one of your last two to be bowl eligible that’s a bad risk to take.

Hell, I would have even considered pulling the starters at halftime we were down by so much already.

This loss doesn’t sit easy with me and is a very bad look on Dino.
Yup preparedness for the game is a playing starters late are separate issues I have. None of us liked that game.

Again. Just something I heard from someone at the game. Louisville could have beat us that day with blind folds on. It was their day. Me sharing this news is not justifying the loss but I get it, you are mad. Dino sucks. Easy for anyone to point that out right now. We can be mad because our team is losing all we won’t but trying to dispute every little thing on a message board is not going to change anything.
I wasn't really questioning your info. I was questioning Dino playing till the end with a flu ridden team. Even healthy having Shrader and Tucker in there the whole game is a bad move. With guys not 100% it makes the move even worse.

Best player on the field didn’t want to quit in the 4th. Dino honored his leadership by leaving in the whole 1st team.

It’s. Fine.

Best player on the field didn’t want to quit in the 4th. Dino honored his leadership by leaving in the whole 1st team.

It’s. Fine.
We ran 4 plays in 2 mins. We weren't trying to score. So the coaches did quit. Dino has quit in much closer games, yet down 41-3 and with a team not 100% physically it is the time to not quit? Especially when you only have 2 games left to make a Bowl? It was a really bad decision to not take Shrader and Tucker out with 12 mins left. Even worse decision with 2 mins left. Even worse decision if the kids were sick.

It’s. Fine.
Got away with it (no injuries) but it is questionable even if Tucker wanted to play it to the bell. Get the starters out, give the second team kids some time. If you are a players’ coach, give the second team kids a chance when the game is far out of reach.

I had a cough and was off and on sick from October 12 until this past saturday. It wasn't covid and several of my friends had similar issues.

We ran 4 plays in 2 mins. We weren't trying to score. So the coaches did quit. Dino has quit in much closer games, yet down 41-3 and with a team not 100% physically it is the time to not quit? Especially when you only have 2 games left to make a Bowl? It was a really bad decision to not take Shrader and Tucker out with 12 mins left. Even worse decision with 2 mins left. Even worse decision if the kids were sick.
So we did quit, but we didn’t quit? I am just confused by the first part.