Shrader's last year? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader's last year?

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
I think the reporter just made a mistake (or said nicer, an incorrect assumption).

And the thread turned into comparison central.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

ECE '76

Walk On
Shrader not coming back? He's finally just getting his QB career going after 3 very unsatisfying years. He wants to start, have a program that is his, wants to win, and show a lot of his doubters were wrong. No way he won't be back here next year, if this season continues like it has started so far, and Anae and Beck are still here. He said himself in August, this is the most fun he's ever had in football.

He would have to have a Joe Burrow LSU type season to leave for the NFL this year. I don't think anyone expects that to happen.

dasher

Living Legend
Shrader will have a degree after this year. He doesn't strike me as a guy that loves the college experience in the traditional sense. It wouldn't shock me at all if we have a great season this year and he chooses to take his degree and move on with life. He's already got a pilot's license, if he keeps going and gets his commercial pilot license, they make around $300k a year. Does he come back as a 23 year old 5th year senior? I hope so, but it wouldn't come as a surprise to me given his personality if he chose to move on.
Commercial pilot's? Those guys almost all come from the military. A lot more to it than just having a license.

SuFTW

Starter
Commercial pilot's? Those guys almost all come from the military. A lot more to it than just having a license.
Not as much any more apparently.

cali315phan

2nd String
I have two pilot friends. Neither served in the military. I know that's not a big sample, but I'd say it's not unheard of.

richmondcuse03

All Conference
They usually come from the military because of the cost of private flight schools right? One I know went to pricey school down in Florida and took on a lot of debt.

721Comstock

2022 Iggy Awards: Leading Scorer/Game/Buddy 3s
They usually come from the military because of the cost of private flight schools right? One I know went to pricey school down in Florida and took on a lot of debt.

Yeah, the son of one of my clients went to that school in Fla.

He could never land a job w an airline, so the only thing he did with it was teach at a local flight school.

He ended up going back to school to become a nurse, and has been very successful doing that ever since.

My neighbor across the street is a military pilot (Air Natl Guard) who also works as a commercial pilot.

So, in my personal n=2 experience, the military pilot made a career of it, the civilian was unable to do so.

But - both of these guys are now mid-30’s, so it’s entirely possible things have changed for newer pilots.

SuFTW

Starter
Yeah, the son of one of my clients went to that school in Fla.

He could never land a job w an airline, so the only thing he did with it was teach at a local flight school.

He ended up going back to school to become a nurse, and has been very successful doing that ever since.

My neighbor across the street is a military pilot (Air Natl Guard) who also works as a commercial pilot.

So, in my personal n=2 experience, the military pilot made a career of it, the civilian was unable to do so.

But - both of these guys are now mid-30’s, so it’s entirely possible things have changed for newer pilots.
There is a huge demand for commercial pilots right now.

Eric15

Living Legend
For some reason I ventured over to the Boneyard to see what they were saying about Saturday's game, and one guy referred to Garrett as a "better Jared Lorenzen."

bigmike

Connoisseur of head and legroom.
For some reason I ventured over to the Boneyard to see what they were saying about Saturday's game, and one guy referred to Garrett as a "better Jared Lorenzen."
Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

That guy..

Newhouser

All American
If he isn't making NIL cash, and he realizes the NFL is not an option - it isn't totally out of the question that he may just be ready to move on. He would be a rarity in my opinion, but it does happen.

721Comstock

2022 Iggy Awards: Leading Scorer/Game/Buddy 3s

Still one of the all time best nicknames - "The Pillsbury Throwboy".

Also - a new (to me) one I just saw - "He Ate Me". :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kquse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom