SI writer Chris Mannix after a current playoff series Game three | Syracusefan.com

SI writer Chris Mannix after a current playoff series Game three

richard levy

2nd String
"The biggest mismatch of this series is in the coaching box. Its become embarrassing. ( Fill in)'s offense is a steady diet of isolations. Movement is minimal. They set screens to create switches, but in those situations ( the other team's) defense doesn't miss a best. Injuries have crippled (fill in)'s depth, but five minutes of (bench player) in the second period can't be worse than watching a visibly exhausted (team's star) fumble through the final minutes.

This just sounded familiar

College kids are younger. Have more energy. The game is 8 minutes shorter. They only play a third as many games. Pros play a depleting m2m defense.
Does not apply.

Was that the Celtics vs Nets series? Pretty big comeback for the Celtics, but you could argue that if Durant isn't in the floor, the Celtics win most quarters by 5-8 anyway.

"The biggest mismatch of this series is in the coaching box. Its become embarrassing. ( Fill in)'s offense is a steady diet of isolations. Movement is minimal. They set screens to create switches, but in those situations ( the other team's) defense doesn't miss a best. Injuries have crippled (fill in)'s depth, but five minutes of (bench player) in the second period can't be worse than watching a visibly exhausted (team's star) fumble through the final minutes.

A very weak analogy. NBA teams can make in-season trades, sign free agents, call someone up from the G League, cut players. None of that applies to the college game.

Was that the Celtics vs Nets series? Pretty big comeback for the Celtics, but you could argue that if Durant isn't in the floor, the Celtics win most quarters by 5-8 anyway.
Nets have the 2 best players on the floor. The Celtics are much better 3 through 10. They have the much better coach and more heart.

Nets have the 2 best players on the floor. The Celtics are much better 3 through 10. They have the much better coach and more heart.
I’ll give you Durant, although Tatum is making it an argument. No way gutless Kyrie is better than Tatum.

I agree, if you took Durant off the Nets, their team is way worse than the Celtics without Tatum.

Which is my argument as to why they are running Durant into the ground... They have no chance without him.

I’ll give you Durant, although Tatum is making it an argument. No way gutless Kyrie is better than Tatum.

I agree, if you took Durant off the Nets, their team is way worse than the Celtics without Tatum.

Which is my argument as to why they are running Durant into the ground... They have no chance without him.
I can't stand kyrie but he is talented. You can certainly make the case for Tatum right now. He certainly has the bigger ticker and not a diva like kyrie is.

Let me differ.
Doesn't matter what NBA game it may be.
The general point does sound very familiar.
Notwithstanding the fact the Orange could score...there often was a sad iso offense...together with over-reliance on one star and last season's inability to finish and instead "fumble" away games at the end.

Thank you Col. Bleep. I thought the obvious point was that the writer could have been talking about Syracuse. Especially the last several years. The quote addresses many of the complaints that i read on this board