SIAP - Great Nassib mention... | Syracusefan.com

SIAP - Great Nassib mention...

Orangepace

2018 Cali Winner: Tackles
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...quarterbacks-2012-college-football-season-ncf

For those without insider:
10. Ryan Nassib, Sr., Syracuse Orange

Laugh and mock now, but come draft day in April, both Syracuse fans and college football followers will have a different perception of the gun-slinging QB from upstate New York.
Before the season, two league executives shared with me the very high draft grade they had on Nassib a season ago, and that was before he passed for 3,600 yards and 24 touchdowns this season. Not only did every one of Nassib's numbers improve dramatically over his three seasons, but this season he carried an average Orange team to five wins in their final six games to get back to the Pinstripe Bowl.
The school record-holder in nearly every meaningful quarterback mark is also a graduate student with a double major in finance and accounting who carries a 3.57 GPA. Tough, durable and powerfully sturdy, Nassib has a chance to be a starter at the next level, and an eight-win season for Doug Marrone (if the Orange can win their bowl game matchup with West Virginia) would be a good start for Syracuse as they push into ACC play.

Finished ahead of Collin Klein, Derek Carr, Jordan Lynch, Tyler Brey Tyler Wilson, EJ Manuel.

I would love to see Nassib as an NFL starter, but I just see him as having a nice long career as a #2, which is a good living. Pretty good pay, no long-term brain issues and an inside track into coaching once the playing days are over.

Hopefully he hangs around in the league for a few years, puts his finance degree to use afterwards, and comes back as a big time donor down the road.

There are other evaluators that have RN in the top 7 QB's available. I think all the ratings go up once they work him out.

There are other evaluators that have RN in the top 7 QB's available. I think all the ratings go up once they work him out.
There are 3 Qb's on the list ahead of him that aren't draft eligible, so that would put him at 7th for draft eligibility.

The kid has an arm, is mobile enough, reads defenses well, is tough and generally doesn't make a lot of high risk throws (you know, into triple coverage). Yes, he needs to work on his touch, but I think he can start eventually.

That's a great read. Bright future ahead for him, no matter how it works out.

There are 3 Qb's on the list ahead of him that aren't draft eligible, so that would put him at 7th for draft eligibility.

This math makes me scratch my head. Or am I missing something?

I think NFL coaches would prefer to have a QB with a cannon and no touch, than a pea-shooter with touch.

Just get the ball there...let the receivers be responsible for catching it.

This math makes me scratch my head. Or am I missing something?
Not sure I follow.. He's 10th. you eliminate 3 and he's 7th.

Simple math.. at least, it hasn't changed since I made it through first grade.

some hedge funds flag team is gonna get 1 hell of a qb next year.

Oh Lord

Bridgewater, Manziel, Miller aren't eligible. I highly doubt Boyd or McCarron will leave early, and Murray is 50-50 to leave early. Nassib could be as high as 4th best QB in this class. I bet Nassib will go to the Senior Bowl unlike Barkley, G. Smith, and L. Jones. Honestly Nassib could be the best QB in this class if his competition is Barkley, Smith, and Jones none of those guys has the Wow factor.

calvin_pee.gif

some hedge funds flag team is gonna get 1 hell of a qb next year.

Oh Lord

Not sure I follow.. He's 10th. you eliminate 3 and he's 7th.

Simple math.. at least, it hasn't changed since I made it through first grade.

Haha! My apologies - you quoted RMH's post where he mentioned 7 and I misinterpreted it.

imgonnamiss#12 has Nassib going 1st to the Chiefs.

Like I've been saying...2nd round for sure, possible late 1st round.
if nassib goes in the 1st round...i will steal a rickshaw here in the City, walk it to Syracuse, pick you and a guest up....and take you by Kaiserpower to the away game of your choice.

Kaiser if Nassib does really well at the Senior Bowl and Combine I could see him moving ahead of Barkley, Landry Jones, and Geno Smith. While I don't think Nassib is anywhere close to a first round pick the scouts like him. I think now Nassib is a 2nd round pick with the ablity to move up. What I found out that is sad is Nassib will only be the 3rd SU QB to get drafted since 1970. Old number 12 needs a little more respect than I thought.

Kaiser if Nassib does really well at the Senior Bowl and Combine I could see him moving ahead of Barkley, Landry Jones, and Geno Smith. While I don't think Nassib is anywhere close to a first round pick the scouts like him. I think now Nassib is a 2nd round pick with the ablity to move up. What I found out that is sad is Nassib will only be the 3rd SU QB to get drafted since 1970. Old number 12 needs a little more respect than I thought.
Zero chance he moves ahead of Barkley. Zero.

As a biased Patriots fan, I would love for them to draft him. I don't see them holding on to Mallet, and I think he would develop well and have a great shot at starting (at least as a transition to someone else) with several years training under Brady and McDaniels...on the other hand, he would be a great draft for the Eagles being a Philly kid and someone who could at the very least manage games early on and put the team in a position for the play makers to win it for them. I wouldn't be surprised if scouts rank him highly for succeeding on what was supposed to be a mediocre team that had to search for talent, as opposed to the endless pain that comes with drafting a USC QB only to find out he was surrounded by top-tier talent that made him look good (seriously, how are scouts tricked every time a USC QB is eligible for the draft???)

Ryan's also benefitting from a really poor QB class this year. In a better draft, none of this year's guys would be first round picks, IMO, but people are always going to draft QBs so he probably moves up a round or so because of that. I think that he goes early-mid second round, would not be shocked if he went first.

just the fact that he's being drafted most likely and to read those article types makes me head spin. Proves (or will prove) a lot of us arm chair qbs wrong.

Ryan will be moving just down 90 if the Bills have anything to say about it. They love his potential, but I still see the Saints as a potential spot.